Jewish Council for Youth Services (JCYS) is a 113-year old, Chicago-based nonprofit organization which provides early childhood education and camping programs to a diverse community across Chicagoland. With a budget of $6 million and a 160-person staff, JCYS programs touch over 2,000 families a year through five locations. In addition, JCYS’s board of directors is a training ground for future civic and philanthropic leaders while they serve as important fiduciaries of the agency.
Our mission informs everything we do: Guided by Jewish values and culture, Jewish Council for Youth Services provides educational and recreational programs for Chicagoland’s children and, through board service, develops the next generation of Jewish civic leaders.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing strategies and overseeing a comprehensive development program: planning, organizing and directing all Jewish Council for Youth Service’s fundraising including securing major gifts from new and existing donors, annual fund, planned giving, and special events. The Director of Development reports to, and will collaborate closely with, the Chief Executive Officer works from the central office in downtown Chicago (although present COVID requirements require working from home).
The successful candidate will possess enthusiasm, fund-raising knowledge, management experience, superior organizational and communication skills, analytical capabilities, and the ability to conceptualize. This is an excellent opportunity for a successful development professional interested in leading the fundraising strategy of a metrics-driven organization focused on expanding its impact in Chicagoland.
At JCYS, we have a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism and we invite you to build and advance your career with JCYS and help contribute to the future success of our organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Create a fund development plan which increases revenue to support the strategic direction of the organization related to financial growth and sustainability.
Accountable for the strategic design and implementation of the development plan and all development activities.
Identify and pursue opportunities for enhanced annual, capital, and planned giving campaigns.
Responsible for donor stewardship, identifying potential corporate sponsors and targeting of individual solicitations.
Coordinate agency outreach opportunities.
Develop targeted marketing and solicitation materials.
Develop and oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization; Annual Meeting, Golf and Tennis Outing and the Annual Gala.
Prepare grant proposals and reports for individual donors, philanthropic foundations, other funders and the board.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s Degree a plus.
• Minimum of seven years working in a development role in a community-based organization or in a large institutional setting.
• Program development and management.
• Outstanding oral and written communications skills, sales and marketing, volunteer management and development experience.
• Superior presentation skills required.
• Familiarity with and exposure to the Chicago philanthropic community.
• Detail oriented, adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Knowledge of database software; strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Demonstrated experience managing and manipulating relational database management systems and/or fundraising software.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Jewish Council for Youth Services is an (EEO) Equal Opportunity Employer