Moishe (pronounced moy-shuh) House is what being Jewish in your 20s is all about. Launched in 2006 when four friends began hosting Shabbat dinners in their home, Moishe House provides a space for over 70,000 young adults around the world to create meaningful, welcoming Jewish communities for themselves and their peers each year. To date, there are more than 100 communities in over 25 countries, and we’re still growing.
Brand new position
We seek a Jewish Educator who will build relationships with Moishe House staff and residents, and assess their service learning experience, needs and desires. You'll create service learning trips, both internationally and domestic, and serve as lead educator on service-based learning retreats.
1. Advanced degree or graduate certificate in Jewish Education (18+ months full-time postgraduate learning)
2. Significant full-time experience creating and teaching Jewish text study connected to service and social justice issues
3. Effective facilitation of meetings, trainings, and group-based reflection
4. Extensive experience educating professionals and young adults with diverse identities, experiences, and Jewish practices, preferably on social justice issues and/or Jewish values and tradition
5. Participated in, or led, a volunteer service learning or experiential education program