The Database and Grants Administrator supports the management and implementation of all grants processing for both the staff and grant applicants. Tasks include collecting and reviewing all grant applications and requirements, data entry, and reporting.
• Primary administrator of the grant management database – overseeing the end-to-end process of grant applications and communications to applicants.
• Maintain and retrieve grants data from the online grants’ portal
• Ensure integrity and quality of data at all times
• Utilise the grant management system’s functionality to send, track, and retrieve grant offer letters, agreements, contracts, and receipts.
• Enter and maintain accurate records for reporting and deliverables, as required in grant agreements
• Take the initiative to use the grant management system to automate and streamline processes where possible.
• Serve as a link between team members so that all grant-making activities run smoothly.
• Produce internal data summaries, reports, coding verifications, grant statistics, and geographic reports, as needed, for the board of directors, executive office, grants program, finance, and communications.
• Updates coding guide, as required, in collaboration with evaluation and organizational learning staff.
• Conducts audits and quality checks of data summaries and reports produced by other staff members for internal and external purposes to ensure grants data is reported correctly and accurately.
• Provides in-depth system knowledge of grants data and data structure
• Creates and maintains templates highlighting key grant-making data points. • Develops and maintains a project management system through the intranet to track progress, provide regular feedback, and ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
• Liaises with colleagues regarding grant anomalies related to the database.
• Assists and participates in various internal Foundation committees and activities.
• Develops professional and respectful work relationships with colleagues.
Desired Skills / Knowledge
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in database management, administration or grant management
• Knowledge of best practices in grant-making
• Good understanding of database management and report construction
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
• Strong logic, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a good understanding of complex data management.
• Planning and organizational skills with great attention to detail, accuracy, protocol, and deadlines.
• Excellent writing ability that is clear, concise, and analytic in style. • Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate complexities of the grant management system to staff and applicants. • Ability to multi-task and prioritize to manage work and meet multiple deadlines effectively.
• Expertise in Fluxx or similar grants management system
• High level of flexibility and responsiveness with the ability to shift priorities quickly and as organizational demands require.
• Ability to take the initiative and develop solutions quickly and effectively. • High level of discretion in maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues.
• Ability to function and interact in a professional level capacity to sustain the mission, culture, and best interests of the Foundation.
• Ability to understand and consider organizational culture and change.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to travel.
Hours 9 am-5.30 pm
Salary commensurate with experience
A background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THIS COMPANY IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER WHERE ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE
STATE LAW. THIS MEANS THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY PROVISION IN THIS
APPLICATION IF HIRED, THE COMPANY OR I MAY TERMINATE THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR NOTICE.