The Jewish Alliance of Greater Rhode Island serves to enrich the quality of life for Jews in Rhode Island, in Israel, and around the world. Today’s Alliance is where the community comes together as one to develop responses to critical issues facing Rhode Island. We do this through philanthropy, education and wellness opportunities, community relations, and by convening agencies, synagogues, and organizations to address issues of common concern. Together, we translate Jewish values into action. All our work is guided by our core values:
Tzedakah: upholding the Jewish traditions of righteous giving and justice.
L’dor v’dor: securing a future filled with Jewish tradition and heritage.
Tikkun Olam: repairing the world.
Hineni: standing with others so no one stands alone.
Klal Yisrael: supporting worldwide Judaism and the State of Israel.
Torah: pursuing knowledge and lifelong learning.
Summary of Job Description:
The Graphics Producer is a vital member of the branding team who works closely with departments throughout the organization. The Graphics Producer is responsible for creating and managing the graphic needs of the organization as well as collaborating with team members within the department and throughout the agency in order to develop successful brand campaigns. Primarily, the Graphics Producer will help conceptualize, create, produce and distribute visuals that enhance the agency’s brand and sub-brands across a wide-variety of platforms including print and web advertising; digital and social media; print collateral such as brochures, reports, large format projects, promotional items, and more. Additionally, the Graphics Producer will be responsible for the layout of Jewish Rhode Island, our monthly print publication along with two supplemental guides that are published annually.
Visual Brand Development
• Work with the branding team to conceptualize, develop, and implement a cohesive visual presence to represent the agency and it’s sub-brands for a wide variety of purposes including brand awareness, increased engagement, program participation, revenue, and philanthropy.
• Help develop and enforce agency-wide graphic standards.
• Assist in creating and managing projects throughout the agency that attract and appeal to defined target groups.
• Work with the branding team to help develop and implement a visual identity for the agency and its sub-brands across multiple platforms through consistent use of graphic design and imagery.
• Prepare for projects by researching and gathering appropriate information and materials.
• Illustrate concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Maintain technical knowledge and adapt to industry trends.
• Create visuals that complement written content for a wide variety of departments, topics, and demographic groups.
• Create consistent brand-focused visual content for multiple websites, print materials and collaterals, advertising campaigns, email marketing campaigns, social media, and other needs.
• Work collaboratively both internally and with vendors to take ideas from inception through production.
Jewish Rhode Island
• Responsible for layout and graphic design of our monthly newspaper Jewish Rhode Island.
• Layout and design of two annual supplemental guides; Guide to Jewish Living and Celebrations Guide.
• Occasional ad design and/or updating of existing advertisements for external clients.
• Design and update collaterals used by Jewish Rhode Island, this may include media kits, publication schedules, spec sheets, stationery and more.
• Photo editing including processing and toning of photography.
• Ability to adhere to style guidelines.
• Demonstrated experience with the Alliance’s core values and a clear commitment to them.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects. Strong organizational skills.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong knowledge of graphic design techniques and ability to monitor industry trends and best practices, and translate to a non-profit setting.
• Proficiency in Adobe Suites design software including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Familiarity with WordPress and/or HTML a plus, but not required.
• Experience working with vendors as it relates to all aspects of print production.
• Experience with newspaper layout and production a plus but not required.
• Familiarity with photography a plus.
• Previous experience in a comparable position or Bachelor's degree in graphic/media design, digital media, or a similar field preferred.