StandWithUs—a global nonprofit organization that educates about Israel and fights antisemitism—has 18 offices and chapters throughout the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Israel, and Brazil.
Job Responsibilities: Financial / Accounting
· Establish and enforce financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
· Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
· Manage month-end close process in an accurate and timely manner.
· Support the financial planning and budgeting processes. Prepare budget vs. actual reports.
· Monitor and ensure compliance of relevant statutory laws and financial regulations, including sales tax.
· Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation.
· Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
· Prepare company quarterly sales tax returns.
· Work closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings.
· Reconcile corporate balance sheets and deliver summary reconciliation reports to the executive team.
· Input and create batch for bimonthly ACH payments.
· Review payroll that bookkeeper inputs.
· Print and review checks for amounts and coding accuracy.
· Prepare all financial information for all grant reports.
· Reconcile affiliate companies quarterly.
· Oversee annual audit and prepare audit spreadsheets for auditors, including prepaid insurance, depreciation and amortization, statement of functional expenses, and net asset rollforward.
· Work with the Director of Revenue to insure accurate coding of donations.
· Review audit information from staff.
· Calculate event FMV (fair market value).
· Reconcile and prepare reports for galas and other events.
· Prepare all board reports and budgets. Attend and review all financial information at board meetings.
· Supervise the bookkeeper and manage A/P and financial department staff, including financial assistants.
· Motivate and lead finance team members by clarifying roles and providing helpful feedback.
· Report to the CEO with timely and accurate financial information.
· 5+ years of controller experience
· Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
· Strong levels of discretion and confidentiality
· Strong team player with leadership and management abilities
· Ability to prioritize and be flexible
· Strong understanding of accounting systems/software and knowledge of Excel
· High levels of integrity and attention to detail
· Bachelor's degree in accounting required (master's degree preferred)
· Valid CPA status
· 5+ years' experience in a managerial accounting position
· Strong understanding of tax codes and laws