• Part-Time; Salaried
• Responsible for creating, developing and implementing the special needs services in consort with the MJCC Director of Social Services.
• Implementation of special needs services to include family and caregiver support groups, resource/information/referral, social programming and social skills groups, and advocacy initiatives.
• Serve as a central resource for internal and community programs and services for individuals with special needs of all ages.
• Develop strategic partnerships and relationships with special needs service providers in the community.
• Work closely with other department staff on creating appropriate and engaging educational programs and community outreach initiatives.
• Work cooperatively with other departments and staff on collaborative programming and service delivery where appropriate.
• Work with lay leaders and volunteers when appropriate to evaluate service delivery and plan for new and/or expanded program and services.
• Work with MJCC Marketing Department regarding publicity, public relations and marketing plans as it relates to special needs services.
• Work with MJCC Development Director as needed/requested regarding funding opportunities and resources for special needs services.
• Provide outstanding client service.
• Create and actively promote a comfortable and welcoming environment where every client and participant is treated with dignity and respect, in a friendly, personalized manner.
• Work in consort with other FJFS staff to develop and implement continuing education programs for social service professionals in the Greater Memphis area.
• Other reasonable duties as assigned by and mutually agreed upon with the MJCC President/CEO and/or Director of Social Services.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
2. 5-7 years of related work experience working with special needs services in a non-profit social services agency.
3. Knowledge of Jewish customs and values.
4. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new and/or expanded services.
5. Dynamic and innovative with strong organizational skills and outstanding interpersonal skills relating to senior adults.
6. Independent judgment, initiative and advanced administrative skills required.