About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
An enthralling 119-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
Days off for select Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays” during winter
Opportunities to visit Israel
Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit a strong leader who will be responsible for developing and implementing the short and long-term philanthropic strategies, staff and lay leadership development and major gifts within the Tri-State Region, which includes Long Island, Westchester, Bergen County and the 5 boroughs.
The Director, Tri-State’s main priorities will include expanding JNF’s annual giving through major gifts and expanding the organization’s donor base, board and committee development and team building. Enhancing JNF’s profile and ensuring that our organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment. This position will recruit and manage a major gifts board with lay leaders and focus on major gift growth.
The candidate must be an experienced professional who is a "go-getter" and must combine sophisticated leadership with an entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results-oriented, and have a clear passion for the JNF mission and Israel.
The Director, Tri-State will first and foremost focus on the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of high-net worth individuals. The Director will supervise staff, manage day to day operations, and the annual campaign. The Director will be expected to attend many meetings and events which will take place in the evening and weekends and occasional travel to other States and Israel.
• Engage in direct and systematic cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of high net worth individuals with a focus on closing six-figure gifts and above. Develop strategic annual and long-term fundraising plans and evaluate progress to goals.
• The stewardship of existing major gift donor relationships; identify and cultivate new major gift donors; renew financial commitments of existing major gift donors
• Foster relationships with financial advisors, attorneys, donors, and other partners who can facilitate in the promotion and acquisition of major and planned gifts, bequests and annuities
• Lead the activities that will directly result in prospect identification, engagement and successful solicitations
• Build and facilitate philanthropic capacity by maintaining collaborative relations with other organizations in greater New York area
• Research funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position JNF ahead of major funding changes or trends; utilize best practices and innovative fundraising approaches
• Must utilize the JNF Salesforce database to manage donor and prospect relationships.
• Significant progressive responsibility and experience in fundraising, sales, or a client driven business
• Extensive experience working with senior-level executives
• Significant experience leading and growing successful fundraising/sales functions including building strategies to strengthen and increase funding from a diverse range of sources including individual donors, private corporations and philanthropic foundations
• Excellent decision-making skills and the ability to balance multiple data points, stakeholders, and overall funding landscape in designing and implementing fundraising strategies
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, as well as an interest in advancing the organizations fundraising function to be even more strategic, innovative, and results-oriented
• Strong communication skills including experience in presenting and public speaking
• Strong experience in team building and fostering a collaborative background
• Experience with Salesforce preferred or similar data management systems
Please apply at the link below: