HFBA arranges nearly 400 burials each year for Jews who lack family, friends, or financial resources.
This position necessitates a mature and sensitive individual who has bi-lingual fluency in English and Russian (other languages a plus). It is essential that the candidate assist clients in a sympathetic and caring manner.
• Intake for new burial calls
• making arrangements with families and funeral director for funerals and burials
• coordinating arrangements with cemeteries
• ordering death certificates
• writing detailed and articulate case memos and correspondence
• tracking of and maintaining records of funeral details (death certificates, pending cases, through Excel)
Accurate data entry for:
• burial information
• reserved grave information
• death certificates
• completed case files
• grave reservations and pending applications
Excellent phone skills required for:
• retrieving office voice mail
• triaging and forwarding calls
• to determine lineage and financial eligibility
• to find living relatives
• Required for phone calls and documents
The candidate needs to be responsible, detail oriented, organized, and punctual. Must be able to work well independently and as a team member. We are looking for someone who is willing to go the extra mile and succeed in a fast paced environment.