The Director of Young Judaea Sprout Brooklyn is a member of the Camp Young Judaea Sprout Camps leadership, and professional team. The position offers an unprecedented opportunity for an innovative, dynamic, charismatic leader to further develop a day camp that is only 5 years olds. The Director is responsible for building a quality program through the Young Judaea pluralistic model. Director oversees all camp operations, leads the process of camper recruitment, communicates with families, hires and develops the leadership team and counselors, and markets camps’ programs. The director will be expected to manage all fiscal accountability. Candidate should have a minimum of a BA but a MA is preferred, significant experience in camping and passionate connection to their Jewish identity. Postion is full time year round and comes with excellent benefits package.
• Plan, coordinate, oversee, implement and evaluate all aspects of Camp operations
• Develop and implement recruitment plan to meet the budgetary enrollment goals
• Operate in a fiscally responsible manner consistent with Camp budget and mission
• Continue to develop new camp and year round programs
• Responsible for recruitment of campers and staff
• Design camp program and staff training module
• Develop programs that will keep the camp in the forefront of Jewish camps while maintaining the mission of Camp Young Judaea Sprout Lake / Sprout Brooklyn
• Develop and implement the Camp’s marketing, which may include local travel as needed. This aspect may include development of materials, social media, and other channels to promote the Camp.
• Manage the administration and supervision of the year-round office and personnel
• Supervise staff in a manner consistent with the values of the camp and the development of the individual. Ensure that staff is provided with feedback that results in a formal evaluation
• Plan and conduct pre-camp and in-camp staff training
• Supervise all facility operations, including opening and closing of camp
• Purchase required supplies for all aspects of the Camp
• Coordinate and provide oversight for transportation and other special and/or medical needs of campers and staff
• Overall supervision of Board of Health and City Permitting
• Interface with relevant agencies for required certifications or accreditations
• Represent the Young Judaea Sprout Lake Camping System in an approapriate manner
• The typical work week for the camp director is 5 days a week (Friday is on a Shabbat clock). Weekend and evening promotions and camp fairs and promotions as neccesary.