A pro-Israel governmental organization is seeking a highly motivated, visionary leader to work with the universities in New England to enhance ties between the US and Israel based on working partnerships and a heightened understanding of the values that unite us.
• We are seeking a candidate for the full-time position of Director of Academic Affairs in our Boston office.
• The individual will play a critical role in enhancing existing academic ties between New England and Israel and fostering new ones.
• This position is highly visible, and the individual will work closely with the rest of the Public Diplomacy team to ensure maximum leveraging of the benefits of academic ties across the spectrum.
• Identify, incubate, and facilitate potential and ongoing partnerships between U.S. academic institutions and Israel
• Manage proactive outreach to university administrations, academic departments, and students
• Plan and execute visits of Israeli dignitaries and experts on campuses
• Advise superiors on academic affairs
• Partner with Israel advocacy organization to execute community building and educational programs for student activists
• Act as day-to-day liaison between students, faculty, administrators and the organization
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Understanding of the American academic system
• Eagerness to interact proactively with New England-based academic institutions
• Works well as part of team but ability to self-motivate
• Proficient multi-tasker
• Comfortable with rapid change
• Familiarity with Israel an advantage