Located in the heart of South Miami-Dade County, the Dave and Mary Alper JCC, is a full-service, dynamic community center providing diverse and inclusive educational, recreational, social, Jewish and cultural arts programs for the entire South Miami community. This long-established, non-profit organization based on a 23-acre campus includes a preschool, after school program, summer camp, a complete fitness center, year-round cultural arts programs, athletics & enrichment.
The Dave & Mary Alper JCC, South Miami Dade’s inclusive Jewish community building, education and wellness organization, is seeking a dynamic leader to take the reins of our youth offerings, as its next Youth/Camp Director.
The Youth/Camp Director of the Alper JCC is a talented, organized and creative leader that directs, manages and oversees all aspects of the agency’s diverse and inclusive Camp, Afterschool and Youth programs, ensuring a safe, nurturing and enriching experience for all participants. The Youth/Camp Director leads, manages and supervises a team of full and part-time professionals and also oversees seasonal staff. The Youth/Camp Director manages the daily operations of the Alper JCC’s Camp, Afterschool and Youth programs, the overall department budget, assists with the department’s grant writing process and oversees grant compliance, and works closely with marketing to promote youth programs and the center as a whole. The Youth/Camp Director is a visionary, with programmatic imagination, excited about creating an environment for community members with a wide range of abilities to thrive. Never boring, ever rewarding, rich in dimension, the position of Alper JCC’s Youth/Camp Director is an opportunity to work as part of a team, benefitting from a strong internal support group and a national/international network of like-minded professionals. The Youth/Camp Director is always an ambassador for the Alper JCC.
- College degree and proven leadership and management experience
- At least three years of leadership experience in a camp setting, working with both kiddos and staff
- Experience with and openness to relate to people of all backgrounds, knowledge and observance levels
- Good computer skills - with emphasis on Microsoft Office, Camp-Minder, and CCC
- Commitment to and investment in the Alper J’s mission
- Highly organized, with a keen attention to detail
- Resourcefulness: the ability to address problems large and small
- Ability to think about the big picture while also worrying about the details
- Willingness to pitch in and take action, a “can do” attitude - job may include anything from set up/take down of tables and chairs, to greeting people, to writing grant reports
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken, preferably with fluency in both English and Spanish
- Good interpersonal skills, maintains confidentiality, works with integrity
- Comfortable leading small and large groups, facilitating and organizing meetings
- This position involves a flexible schedule and you must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends
- A willingness to bring the RUACH!