The Rhea Hirsch School of Education seeks a Coordinator of Graduate Education Programs who will work closely with the National Director of the School of Education and the Directors of the Los Angeles-based graduate programs in Jewish education, to ensure smooth functioning of daily operations and a high- quality student experience.
The Coordinator will be the external face of the Rhea Hirsch School and DeLeT for staffing events, directing inquiries, scheduling, communicating logistics and supporting the admissions process. Internally, the coordinator is responsible for assisting in coordinating and implementing daily operations on the business and educational program side of the graduate school and maintaining confidential communications and records. The Coordinator also provides administrative support to the Rhea Hirsch School of Education administration and faculty. The Coordinator reports to the National Director of the School of Education and to the Director of DeLeT.
The duties of this position will best be performed by someone who is:
• A service-oriented people person
• Good at fostering and maintaining warm, trusting relationships with multiple colleagues and
stakeholders, including faculty, colleagues, staff, students, alumni, partner institutions and
• A clear communicator (oral and written)
• Organized and very detail-oriented
• Able to manage and track multiple tasks at the same time, with efficiency and timely follow-
• Interested in current trends and challenges in Jewish education
• Conversant in budgeting and spreadsheets; can process numbers easily
• Ready to represent the mission of the Rhea Hirsch School of Education, DeLeT and HUC-JIR
• Tech-savvy (proficient in Microsoft suite; online tools for producing surveys, forms; online
invitations including paperless post; social media; Mailchimp; online calendaring tools including
Calendly, Outlook and Doodle polls; and can learn new online tools on demand)
• An eye for aesthetics/layout of simple graphic design such as email communications, simple
event advertisements and digital invitations
1. Plan student and faculty events (orientation, graduation, celebrations, public professional learning, annual events) as well as meetings with the Program Directors; provide operational support
2. Participate in the generation and production of educational and research materials, and grow thought leadership channels
3. Work strategically with the National Director, Program Directors, faculty and staff, to identify and implement new efficiencies across the graduate education programs
4. Work with DeLeT Director to write, design and send regular e-communication to students, stakeholders, and faculty
5. Track and conduct business operations, expenses, payroll; liaise with Senior Business Manager
6. Manage spreadsheets of student, faculty and stakeholder data and create documents as needed
for organizational or grant reporting
7. Provide program/administrative support for Program Directors and Faculty
8. Manage scheduling/calendaring for the National Director and multi-party program meetings
using digital tools (Outlook, Zoom scheduler, Doodle polls)
9. Provide administrative support for the admissions and enrollment processes
• Minimum 3-5 years of relevant professional experience and a track record of success
• BA required, certificate or graduate studies in a related field preferred
• Interest in Jewish educational research, professional learning and leadership development is an
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite; scheduling apps; and tools for digital communication, invitations,
surveys/forms, google docs.
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Please send resume and **********iam Heller Stern, National Director, School of Education.
About Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion and the School of Education:
HUC-JIR is the center of innovation for Jewish life and learning – preparing rabbis, cantors, leaders in Jewish education, Jewish nonprofit professionals, pastoral counselors, and scholars to apply their knowledge, commitment, vision, and expertise to strengthen and transform the Jewish community and larger world. We are the premier Jewish seminary in North America and the academic, spiritual, and professional leadership development center of Reform Judaism. Our students and alumni are leading a Jewish renaissance in North America, Israel, and around the globe as leaders in synagogues, schools, Hillels, hospitals, camps, the military, and Jewish organizations worldwide.
HUC-JIR’s School of Education is at the vanguard of progressive Jewish educator preparation, guided by rigorous research and field-shaping thought leadership. We aim to cultivate the leaders and educators who will redefine the enterprise of Jewish education, providing learners with the trove of resources, analytical tools, curiosity, and commitments to lead the creative adaptation and cultural disruption that enables each new generation in history to reinvigorate Judaism and Jewish life. With the Rhea Hirsch School of Education as its Los Angeles hub and unique academic and professional learning opportunities in New York, Cincinnati, Jerusalem and online, we offer a variety of pathways for aspiring educational leaders and teachers to earn graduate degrees, deepen their expertise and power their careers. We are guided by a vision of Jewish education that faces not only inward to enrich our own community, but outward: engaging the world, informing society, and transforming the lives of individuals, families and communities. http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx