The mission of North Shore Synagogue is to join with our members in building a community where the practice of Reform Judaism enriches and uplifts our lives with understanding, warmth, friendship and meaning.
North Shore Synagogue’s accredited Nursery School seeks outstanding Lead and Assistant Teachers (Monday-Friday 9:30am-12:30pm or 9:30am-2:30pm) to join our early childhood team. Be part of a collaborative group of professionals who focus on creating a curriculum that embraces Jewish life while offering a developmentally appropriate program for our young ones. We are an outstanding Nursery School in a suburban setting that defines quality learning. We are committed to excellence and are looking for those who share our passion and love for children and are enthusiastic about guiding each child to reach their full potential through play based practices. We promote the child's sense of confidence and independence and develop a lifelong love of learning. Join our warm and welcoming team!
Required education for Lead teacher:
• Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education (Master’s Degree preferred)
• One or more years' experience working with young children
• Experience communicating effectively with parents through email, newsletters and conferences
• Excellent classroom management skills and ability to multi-task
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in a professional manner
• Manage all aspects of daily classroom life, including monitoring health and safety of student and interface with specialists and service providers
• Plan and implement activities to support and promote positive self-esteem, social skills, developmental growth, and independence for all students.
• Observe and record children’s progress and development
• Incorporate Jewish values, holiday celebrations, customs, traditions, and rituals into the classroom program