PRIMARY PURPOSE: Manage all human resources related functions to develop effective employee relations and cultivate a high-performance culture in keeping with the mission and values of the College-Institute. Develop and administer institution-wide systems, policies, and procedures to create efficiencies and effectiveness among the three U.S. based campuses.
• Counsel and assist hiring managers and supervisors to apply legal and effective practices in employee recruitment, selection and onboarding; employee supervision, coaching, and development; and when necessary, separation.
• Act as Title IX Coordinator and provide guidance on general employment and HR matters and take appropriate steps to ensure institutional compliance with relevant employment statuses, including the ADA, ADEA, ERISA FMLA and EEO laws.
• Review and update, as required, Human Resource policies and the Student, Faculty and Staff Handbooks.
• Raise awareness about and identify decision points regarding employee relations, communication, and organization development concerns and opportunities among members of senior administration.
• Assess staff and management training and development needs and develop approaches to ensure staff members and managers can develop the skills necessary to perform their jobs effectively.
• Partner with managers to ensure all U.S.-based employees are aware of Human Resource and employment policies, programs and procedures of the College-Institute and applicable laws.
• Oversee development of HUC-JIR compensation, benefits, and performance management strategies and implement structures/plans/systems aligned to those strategies and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations across the stateside campuses and programs of the College- Institute.
• Administer benefits offered by HUC-JIR, including pension plan, 403B plan, health/ dental/disability insurance, etc.
• Manage the payroll function for all the employees and faculty in the United States and ensure Federal, state, and local taxes and other withholdings are in compliance and are reported to the appropriate individuals or agencies.
• Assist individual employees within HUC-JIR with their Human Resources issues as needed.
• Prepare, edit, and transmit HR related reports to internal departments and external agencies, as necessary.
• Maintain a centralized Human Resource Information System including employment history, payroll and benefits, and performance management data for staff and faculty in the United States.
• Additional projects and tasks as required.
Each employee of HUC-JIR, regardless of position, is expected to exhibit capable performance, within the scope of their position, in one or more elements of each of the six following competencies.
• Strong Communicator - Ensure clarity and understanding for the intended audience through timely, respectful, appropriate, clear written and oral communications
• Teamwork and Collaboration - Work with others in a positive manner to achieve organizational objectives
• Leadership - Be a role model of professionalism, efficiency, and effectiveness in daily work performance
• Manage Work - Effectively organize and carry out work processes to achieve individual and organizational goals
• Institutional Understanding - Incorporate the mission, vision, and values of HUC- JIR into one's performance
• Effect Change - Develop and support processes that bring about positive change in support of the College-Institute's goals
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources related area; Master’s Degree preferred
• SPHR Certification or proven knowledge of employment laws preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a Human Resources position
• Experience working in higher education institution is a plus
• Ability to use Microsoft Office programs and other software programs
• Job requires travel to campuses located in Los Angeles, New York, and Cincinnati.