This position is part of our Philanthropic Resource and Development (Phed) team.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
• Nurture donors and secure endowments for Federation and our partner agencies.
• Oversee the Life and Legacy Program, including solicitation of legacy gifts.
• Participate in the implementation of development plans.
• Help to educate, motivate, recruit and train volunteer solicitors.
• Respond to inquiries from prospects, donor representatives and professional advisors regarding charitable giving options and legacy gifts.
• Establish new funds (including donor advised funds and restricted/designated funds) by helping donors to select the charitable giving
option that meets the donor’s goals and philanthropic dreams.
• Draft and prepare fund agreements.
• Participating and leading solicitations, developing relationships with donors and potential donors.
• Steward relationships with donors and potential donors.
• Accept responsibilities in other areas of the Federation, as assigned by the CEO.
This position also:
• Provides stewardship for the funds of The Foundation of the Jewish Federation of Greater Rochester, working with donors to achieve their
• Oversees distributions from the various funds and ensure that distributions are made in accordance with the terms of the fund
• Prepares quarterly reports for fund holders and answer other requests for information.
• Staffs Silver Circle – the Federation’s 25 year-and-over giving society and for the Professional Advisory Committee of financial
• Works with volunteers and individually to develop new planned gifts and additional contributions to existing funds
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years work experience, preferably in Jewish Federations or Jewish communal work. Experience with not-for profits and knowledge of planned giving, as well as annual giving, would be a plus. Familiarity with Jewish life and traditions is essential. We will consider candidates with different, but applicable experience.
The candidate should be a skilled communicator, able to engage and motivate volunteers and work comfortably as part of a team. This individual should be well organized, innovative, and able to manage multiple tasks. Applicants should be self-starters who are comfortable working in a collegial, team-based workplace.
Office technology is in a networked environment using Microsoft Office and specially designed donor management software.