Beit Rabban Day School, a unique Jewish early childhood center and elementary school on Manhattan's Upper West Side, seeks a highly organized individual to serve as Administrative Associate.
Working with the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Associate plays a key role in interfacing with current and prospective parents of Beit Rabban and providing support to the educational leadership, teachers, and students of the school. The school currently has 121 students, from early childhood through 7th grade. Beit Rabban seeks an exceptional individual with a demonstrated ability to work in a professional and dynamic setting and to serve as the school's front-line presence for all communications with parents, prospective parents and community members.
The suitable candidate will have superior phone and communication skills, experience with daily administrative tasks, and knowledge of office technology and computer software. They will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will have demonstrated problem-solving abilities. The successful candidate will be resourceful and will be able to follow through on all tasks efficiently and responsibly. The ideal candidate will be an effective professional with strong interpersonal skills, who works well with others as part of a team in a multi-faceted organization. They will be a detail-oriented self-starter with a proven ability to multi-task, effective with time management, and will enjoy the intellectual challenge of working with the school's administration and faculty while supporting various key professionals. The candidate should have a warm, pleasant personality, exhibit flexibility, and work calmly in a busy and demanding school environment. The candidate will be completely trustworthy and maintain confidentiality, will work independently, as well as take direction and make sound judgments about daily decisions and priorities.
The main components of the position include:
• Supporting families by ensuring a high level of communication between parents and the school via phone calls, emails, and face-to-face contact;
• Oversee daily dismissal, arrival and bus transportation and interface with both public and private transportation providers to ensure a well-planned and coordinated transportation program;
• Work with vendors and providers to plan out the annual afterschool program and work with parents and business office to oversee registration and ensure business office has necessary information for billing;
• Serve as the school Health Clerk by maintaining health records of all students, recording daily medical logs, and treating students with basic first aid
• Submit Reports annually to DOE, NYSDH, NYSED
• Maintain an organized office space, keep track of school/office supplies, and work with other members of the administrative team to order educational and office supplies.
• Oversee the school’s weekly lunch program, including ordering pizza and fruit, and keep track of billing and payment
• Setup for school and community events, including working with building facilities, ordering supplies, and coordinating with teachers and administrators
• Coordinate scheduling of field trips, including transportation, booking and itineraries for teachers
• Assist Chief Operating Officer with various projects, including credit card reconciliation, research for projects, and general administrative supports
• Taking on additional administrative and educational tasks as assigned as part of the broader administrative team
• Supporting the Director of Student Services in the following ways:
o Interfacing with DOE providers including but not limited to creating schedules, scheduling evaluation/observation and helping to find new providers when necessary (scheduling interviews)
o Scheduling meetings with the DOE and contacting families to remind of said meetings
o Following up with DOE regarding documents – IESPs, evaluations, meetings
o Maintain students’ information spreadsheet Google Drive
o Obtaining copies of documents from parents (evaluations, IESP, etc.) and organizing is in Google Drive
The ideal candidate will have two to five years of experience working in a school or other educational setting where there are ongoing interactions with children, parents and educators as well as:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university
• Experience supporting multiple departments, with multiple supervisors and/or areas of work
• Proficient in the use of computers, comfortable with technology and is able to use MS office (word, excel, powerpoint), Google systems, zoom, seesaw, website platforms (i.e. expression engine) and database software (i.e. renweb)
• Charismatic, flexible, a problem solver, able to adjust quickly to changing circumstances, and has a sense of humor
• Familiar with Judaism and/or Hebrew
• Exceptional references.
The Administrative Associate reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
The position of Administrative Associate is a full-time, year-round position (7:45am-5pm Monday through Thursday, 7:45am-2:30pm Fridays September-June; 9am-5pm Monday through Friday July and August). Beit Rabban is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race or national origin.
This position is available for an immediate start. To apply, please email cover letter, resume and s***********************