Beit Rabban Day School is an innovative, non-denominational Jewish school on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Beit Rabban thoughtfully combines progressive education with an emphasis on deep Jewish learning, intellectual rigor and child-centered learning. Our preschool is Reggio-Emilia inspired and heavily influenced by constructivist education, with a complete integration of Judaic and secular learning. One teacher in each preschool classroom is a Native Hebrew speaker who speaks to the children exclusively in Hebrew.
A full time teaching position in our Early Childhood Center:
• Supports the social, emotional, and cognitive growth of the students.
• Collaborates with a co-teacher on planning and teaching curriculum.
• Differentiates instruction for different learning styles and needs.
• Makes learning visible with daily communication home to parents
• Creates an emergent curriculum plan that sparks curiosity and wonder and promotes a joyful learning environment.
Seeking candidates who are team players, bring joy to their work, have a flexible disposition, are warm and loving and who possess:
• an understanding of child development including emergent literacy skills.
• at least 2 years of experience with young children preferred.
• exposure to the Reggio Emilia approach a plus.
• basic proficiency with the Hebrew language preferred.
Candidate must be:
• a lifelong learner and an out of the box thinker, a hard worker with a positive attitude and a reflective practitioner.
• values-aligned with Beit Rabban, including a deep passion for Jewish life and learning and a commitment to facilitating open-minded discourse.
To apply, send a resum********************** “[Your Name]: Preschool Teacher Application.”