Hadar seeks a creative, passionate and responsible educator to lead our work with families as our new Children and Families Program Manager. This position is created with support from the Aviv Foundation and the Jim Joseph Foundation, through the Jewish Community Response and Impact Fund.
This summer, Hadar launched a new initiative focused on children and families. Hadar’s mission for our work with families and children is the same as our work with adults: empowering Jews to create and sustain vibrant, practicing, egalitarian communities of Torah, Avodah, and Hesed. We are honored to bring this mission to more deeply engage families with children living at home. Children and Families Program Manager is a new position that will oversee this exciting new initiative at the Hadar Institute.
The Children and Families Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing all children and families programs-- working with Hadar Faculty and our program team to set the program calendar, manage program execution, and support faculty in curriculum development and implementation. The Children and Families Program Manager will also serve as an educator, and hold a portfolio of their own teaching.
This position will report to Hadar’s Director of National Learning Initiatives
- Oversee Hadar’s Children and Families Programs including the following, which will change and grow: Kids’ learning: daily Mishnah Club, Kids’ Tanakh class, and Kids’ Parashah sessions, Family Workshop: Building a Siddur for Kids and Parents, Teen programing: Advanced Mishnah Club, Teen Talmud course, Davening Leadership Fellowship and more.
- Teach a portfolio of exciting courses to be created
- Work closely with Hadar Faculty to develop and prepare their courses
- Oversee program execution from conception through execution including managing registration and serving as program participant liaison
- Oversee creation of a Hadar tutoring network, connecting alumni with families seeking tutors
- Manage production of published content for families, including handouts and podcasts targeted for children and parents
Qualifications / Skills:
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the mission and vision of Hadar
- Facility and comfort with Hebrew language and text (Ability to formulate and deliver content units based in Tanakh and Mishnah, fluent access to Biblical and Mishnaic Hebrew, ability to read and communicate in modern Hebrew)
- Experience in children’s education
- Experience as a project manager, who thrives on managing a variety of initiatives concurrently
- Self-starter, able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
This is a full-time position based out of New York City or Washington D.C. Competitive salary and benefits package at $80,000-$85,000.