The Hebrew Academy community seeks innovative, knowledgeable, inspiring and committed Judaic Studies teachers beginning August 2020. Hebrew Academy is soon to break ground on a new world-class high school facility designed to meet the needs of today’s learners. This is a tremendous opportunity for a growth oriented educator looking for an extraordinary opportunity to join an outstanding team and help write the next great chapter of the Fana Holtz High School. Hebrew Academy is passionately invested in the ongoing personal and professional development of faculty. Over the past year, faculty across the school have attended more than 35 conferences, more than 30 faculty members participated in intensive year-long PD programs, and close to 35 faculty members received ongoing 1:1 coaching. We are shifting towards an increasingly student-centered, personalized learning program in which each and every student and faculty member can thrive.
The primary and essential duties/responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Full time teacher of Limudei Kodesh - exact subjects vary by division
• Lead or supervise Tefila
• Collaborate with colleagues within and across subject areas, and all aspects of school life.
• Attend functions in support of school and community
• Participate in extracurricular events with our students outside of the classroom (e.g. Shabbatonim, sports games)
• Fulfilling other non-teaching duties as assigned by the Principal
The successful candidate will have the following dispositions:
• embrace a warm and inquisitive faculty culture focused on advancing Hebrew Academy’s mission.
• embrace ongoing professional development
• convey patience and empathy with adolescents and colleagues.
• be self-reflective, work collaboratively, and committed to professional growth.
• have excellent communication skills.
• embrace working with a diverse student population.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
• possess an understanding of current teaching best practices and child/adolescent development
• model flexibility in both implementing best learning practices and pursuing success for each student
• demonstrate fluency with academic technology that advances learning for students
• personalize instruction and assessment to maximize student learning.
• create a stimulating and challenging learning environment with an emphasis on student learning.
• develop a strong rapport with students.
• develop excellent classroom culture incorporating the use of fair and consistent standards.
• provide opportunities for student expression using spoken, written, and electronic forms of communication.
• develop lessons that engage students in higher order thinking
• provide a safe learning environment in which students freely take intellectual and creative risks and see failure as a critical part of the learning process.
• create an environment that fosters a growth mindset
• encourage students to set realistic goals and to use their time in a constructive and balanced manner.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The Rabbi Alexander S. Gross Hebrew Academy (http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx is a Modern Orthodox Jewish day school located in Miami Beach, Florida. Hebrew Academy has 570 students spanning Early Childhood through grade 12.
The mission of the Hebrew Academy is to Through the light of the Torah and academic excellence, the Hebrew Academy inspires each and every child to improve the world.
The Hebrew Academy community seeks innovative, knowledgeable, inspiring and committed teachers.
We invite you to consider a teaching career at the Hebrew Acade********************