Hillel International is seeking a talented and driven professional to fill the role of Digital Marketing Associate. This is an exciting position on a growing marketing team with an opportunity to make an immediate impact across the Hillel movement by tapping into the power of reaching every student and engaging them in Jewish life.
The ability to connect with students via digital and social media channels is greater than ever, and this professional will be at the forefront of that critical work. The digital marketing associate will plan, create, distribute, and assess the results of multi-channel content for use in marketing campaigns directed toward current college students, young alumni and high school students and their parents.
Top candidates will have a strong background in digital marketing, writing and design, and possess the skills and passion for creating high-end content across a variety of platforms.
At times, the digital marketing associate will also work on campaigns to promote online and in-person donor stewardship events, fundraising solicitations, and other internal and external-facing marketing materials.
This position will be based at Hillel International headquarters at the Schusterman International Center in Washington D.C., or at the Hillel International offices in New York City. Remote candidates will also be considered. The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000.
What You’ll Bring to the Position
- 1-3 years of work experience or college degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or similar field
- Track record of producing engaging original content for digital and social media, including Instagram Stories, videos, GIFs, email headers, and more
- Superior writing skills, including mastery of grammar, style, syntax, and vocabulary
- Familiarity using email marketing software such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, or Pardot
- Comfort using a database or CRM to segment audience data to target marketing campaigns to specific audiences
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or similar programs to create original design work
- Strong organizational and planning skills; familiarity using project management software
- Experience in using and assessing data to help drive business decisions
- Video shooting and/or editing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of HTML5 or comparable programming language a plus
- Interest in or connection to Jewish life
What You’ll Own
- Help plan, execute, and assess student-facing digital engagement campaigns throughout the year, reaching and exceeding annual goals. Campaigns include MitzVote voter registration, Hillel @ Home, virtual college fair, Hillel scholarships, and many more
- Create beautiful and effective multichannel content and marketing materials, including writing and design of emails, social media ads, and video content
- Own marketing and promotion of Hillel @ Home platform to reach more Jewish college students online, connecting them to inspiring speakers, amazing virtual events, and most crucially, each other
- Conceptualize, write, and design Hillel International’s monthly email newsletters
- Make regular written, image and video content updates to Hillel International’s websites, including Hillel.org, HillelatHome.org, and Mitz.vote
- Lead production of marketing materials for online and in-person student conferences attended by Hillel International
- Help promote in-person and online donor stewardship events to ensure attendance goals are met or exceeded
- Create content for fundraising campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, the Hillel website, and other digital/social media platforms
What You’ll Get out of the Position
- Competitive salary, benefits, and vacation time, including:
- 3 weeks of vacation leave and 3 weeks of sick time as well as parental leave. Hillel also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan.
- Opportunities for regular professional development and continuing education, including occasional (bi-annual) travel to industry conferences and events
Hillel International Marketing Team Values
- Hard Work – Going above and beyond to reach our goals
- Data-Informed Decisions – Using past results to drive decisions and support future outcomes
- Creativity – Working collaboratively to turn good ideas into great ideas
- Preparation – Planning ahead allows us to do our best work and to be flexible in the moment
- Gratitude – Acknowledging and thanking our partners, both internal and external. It takes a village…
About Hillel International
Founded in 1923, Hillel has been enriching the lives of Jewish students for nearly 100 years. Today, Hillel International is a global organization that welcomes students of all backgrounds and envisions a world where every Jewish student makes an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel. Hillel is dedicated to enriching the lives of Jewish students so that they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. As the largest Jewish student organization in the world, Hillel builds connections with emerging adults at more than 550 colleges and universities and inspires them to direct their own path. During their formative college years, students are challenged to explore, experience, and create vibrant Jewish lives.
About Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center
Hillel’s Charles and Lynn Schusterman International Center (SIC) which has multiple offices throughout the world including in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, New York and Jerusalem, helps local Hillels in the areas of institutional advancement, strategic planning, leadership development, fundraising, talent, fiscal administration, student engagement and communications.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.