The Davis Academy, a private reform Jewish day school located in Atlanta, is seeking a Teaching Assistant. The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience.
Areas of responsibility will include:
• Implement designated curriculum as assigned by teacher.
• Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
• Provide feedback and positive reinforcement to students.
• Implement appropriate classroom management procedures.
Assumes responsibility for supervising students in and out of class settings including emergency drills, assemblies, field trips, lunchtime, and recess.
• Engages in professional growth.
• Assumes duties including facilitating morning arrival, walking students to and from recess and specials, and monitoring students as needed to assist teachers.
• Expected to take initiative in support of teacher and class.
• Expected to become a partner with the teacher so as to maximize student learning.
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
The Davis Academy offers an outstanding work environment and a caring professional community.