North Shore Synagogue is seeking a talented and dedicated full time Director of Early Childhood Education.
The goal of our nursery school is to create an exciting, stimulating and innovative environment offering a quality early childhood education in a Jewish setting aligned to the New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core for children ages 2 through 4.
Our nursery school provides a multi-sensory curriculum with an emphasis on cooperative experiences through all modalities. Jewish values and traditions are learned through song, stories, and celebrations of Shabbat and Jewish holidays.
We are seeking a Director with the capacity to imagine, develop and implement innovative educational programs that will build upon our strong foundation.
The Director will be responsible for the day to day operations of the nursery school which includes:
· Communicating regularly with families and other professionals
· Developing and implementing a whole-child, play based, innovative curriculum that supports best practices in early childhood education and ensures Jewish values and customs are interwoven into daily lessons
· Integrating technology into the curriculum including the use of laptops and/or iPads in all classrooms
· Supervising and assisting staff in designing and implementing lessons aligned to the New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core
· Creating student progress reports
· Providing educational updates for parents
· Attending all children’s services and special services throughout the year
· Hiring, supervising, coaching and mentoring teaching staff and providing differentiated professional development to meet the individual needs of each teacher
· Developing an ongoing and coordinated plan for recruiting new students and retaining present families in building robust enrollments for all programs
· Creating budgets and maintaining financial, employment, licensing and other administrative records
· Working with congregational lay leadership and the Parent Association fostering open communication
· Ensuring compliance with New York State daycare requirements and guidelines
· Helping to foster a strong sense of community and commitment to each child’s individual learning needs
We are seeking a new director with the following qualifications:
• New York State Director certification
• Masters degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
• Minimum of three years teaching experience in an early childhood classroom
• Minimum of three years educational administration/leadership experience
- Experience in running a virtual program
• Demonstrated understanding, experience and commitment to Jewish religious and educational curriculum programming
• Experience in planning, organizing and evaluating educational lessons, experiences and special events aligned to New York State Common Core Learning Standards for Prekindergarten
• Experience integrating technology into the curriculum and knowledge of social media and platforms
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Collaborative leadership skills in working with a team demonstrating flexibility and ability to multi-task in a work environment of the 21st century
• Warm, caring and nurturing personality and ability to embrace each child as an individual ensuring they reach their potential