Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA, seeks a part-time Middle/Upper School Hebrew teacher for grades 6-12.
The Middle/Upper School Hebrew teacher will be responsible for creating a nurturing and collaborative environment that cultivates learning of the Hebrew language, as well as teaching about the culture and people of the State of Israel. Candidates must be committed to teaching Ivrit b’Ivrit, with a demonstrated passion for middle and high school education.
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
- Plan, build, execute, and measure the success of student-centered classroom lessons within the context of our school's Judaic Studies and/or Hebrew curricula
- Teach critical skills related to the four strands of language acquisition: listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Provide an environment that encourages participation, recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group, and offer support and flexibility as needed
- Integrate Hebrew and Israel into other areas of the school through interdepartmental collaboration
- Work as part of a cooperative and diverse team of educators and administrators to carry out the school mission
- Cultivate positive relationships with current and prospective students and parents
- Implement positive discipline
- Adhere to administration policies and rules
- Observe students and make notes of progress and development
- Provide a safe and secure environment where children feel comfortable
- Applicants must have a Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years’ experience teaching, preferably in middle or high school
- Experience teaching Hebrew as a second language
- Native Hebrew speaker a plus
- Interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a part-time position, Monday-Friday. Maimonides School runs on an academic year, beginning in late August and ending in late June. Most faculty positions are not required to work from late June - early August.
Reports to: Hebrew Department Chair, Middle/Upper School Principal
Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.