The Jewish Community Relations Council of NY (JCRC-NY) seeks a talented and experienced organizer for a consultant to join the team of the Center for Community Leadership, the intergroup relations and Shared Society division of the JCRC-NY. This person should have deep experience to both Criminal Justice Reform and Jewish communal leadership.
This position will be to coordinate day to day operations/activities of the Jewish Coalition on Criminal Justice Reform (JCCJR), which is in formation. This role will staff and support the development and incubation of JCCJR interfacing with, identifying, and recruiting new participants, as well as working with other stakeholders to develop the mission, goals and membership of this new coalition and frame out its structure.
The main focus of this position will be twofold: the first is to strengthen a newly formed Jewish Coalition in order to coordinate and engage the Jewish community to advocate on public policy priorities. The second is to represent the JCCJR at citywide and statewide Criminal Justice Reform Coalitions.
The Consultant will work closely and under the supervision of the Director of the Center for Community Leadership @ JCRC- NY.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Leadership experience in running committees and board, reaching consensus, and organizing diverse stakeholders.
• Experience and engagement in the Jewish community in New York City and beyond.
• Experience and engagement in Criminal Justice Reform initiatives.
• Ability to develop strong relationships and make an impact in coalition and relationship building with broad and diverse communities including faith, ethnic, minority and civic leaders on public policy concerns.
• Campaign Strategy Development - Strategic thinking and ability to formulate and engage in education around legislative and policy changes at the local, state, and federal levels.
• Public Policy skills to analyze legislative proposals in the context of the Criminal Justice Reform Movement policies and priorities.
• Experience with event programming and coordination to create forums that will educate and raise awareness around major issues.
• Ability to reflect and evaluate the coalition’s deliverables and goals; ability to self-reflect as well.
• Expression - ability to communicate well in both oral and written form.
? Coordinate day to day operations of the Jewish Coalition on Criminal Justice Reform (JCCJR).
? Staff and support the development and incubation of JCCJR interfacing with, identifying, and recruiting new participants.
? Working with the Jewish Criminal Justice Reform Coalitions’ steering committee to develop the mission, goals and membership of the coalition and frame out its structure, operations and activities.
? Recruit and promote the coalition to other identified stakeholders.
? Develop infrastructure and relationships with synagogues and Jewish organizations throughout New York.
? Coordinate all aspects of the operations, activities and communications of the JCCJR including meetings, outreach, social media, trainings, and forums.
? Coach coalition member synagogues and community organizations to expand Criminal Justice Reform organizing work in their own congregations and communities.
? Identify and onboard new partners with the knowledge base that will allow them to be engaged and fully integrated coalition partners.
? Represent the Coalition at all New Yorkers United for Justice meetings and other CJR Coalitions, participate in advocacy initiatives, and ensure integration of the JCCJR and its membership into the various campaigns, initiatives and activities.
? Engage with the broader Criminal Justice world and its diverse organizations, leaders and coalitions. Involve the diverse Jewish communal members of the JCCJR in the issues and activities that are primary to the agenda of the broader Criminal Justice world and their campaigns that are ripe for action.
Please send cover letter, resu*************************