The Foundation Associate will manage the Harold Grinspoon Life & Legacy Program and coordinate engagement with professional advisors, fund holders and community members with the Foundation Scholar. The ideal candidate will have a familiarity with the Jewish community, the mission of the Federation and a passion for Jewish engagement. The Foundation Associate will need to attend evening programs.
LIFE & LEGACY
The Harold Grinspoon Life & Legacy program assists communities across North America, through partnerships with Jewish Federations and Foundations, to promote after-lifetime giving. Pittsburgh has over twenty participating synagogues and agencies. Regarding the Life & Legacy program the Associate will:
· Serve as administrator of the LIFE & LEGACY program.
· Communicate on a regular basis with Legacy team members.
· Submit required documents and information to Harold Grinspoon Foundation on timely basis.
· Maintain accurate records and documentation of legacy commitments.
· Calendar trainings and team meetings with Harold Grinspoon staff.
· Develop community-wide marketing strategy.
· Monthly phone meetings and site visits to LIFE & LEGACY partner organizations.
· Attend and participate in events (as needed).
· Plan annual Community Legacy event to include all LIFE & LEGACY partner organizations and donors.
· Coordinate solicitation efforts through a systematic process of prospect identification, qualification and strategy development in
collaboration with LIFE & LEGACY teams.
· Manage database and document progress with regard to closing gifts and achieving goals.
· Work with vendors, site managers and caterers to plan meetings, training's and events.
· Track registration and generate donor, participant and event information.
· Prepare check requests, expense reports, and other related documents.
FOUNDATION ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
· Collaborate with Foundation staff on engagement strategies.
· Assist Foundation Scholar with Jewish learning and outreach programming.
· Work collaboratively with the Federation marketing department staff on engagement activities and programs.
· Work with vendors, site managers and caterers to plan meetings, trainings and events.
· Maintain database and calendar with all dates for courses, events and programs.
· Keep track of attendance for all Foundation Scholar courses, events and programs.
· Set up and oversee online registration for all Foundation Scholar courses, events and programs.
· Continue to build the Florence Melton School through the successful recruitment of students.
· Oversee Melton classes.
· Seek potential new faculty members, hire and orient / train them. Arrange demonstration lessons for prospective faculty as needed.
· Create and execute a recruitment and retention strategy for existing and new programs each year.
· Conduct orientation for new students and/or individual intake interview.
· Plan and implement graduation celebration.
· Create meaningful connections with students and facilitate their financial support.
• Knowledge of community engagement including participant recruitment and collaborating with organizations and volunteers.
• Experience working with volunteers within the non-profit sector is strongly preferred.
• Exceptional communication (written & verbal), presentation, and leadership skills. Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of leaders.
• Superior organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Possess an understanding of project management and database software programs.
• Solid knowledge of Jewish community, culture, and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community including
Israel and world Jewry is a plus.
• Must have and maintain a US passport and PA Driver's license.
This job announcement is not designed to cover all responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change. New duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending a cover letter, resume and s***********************