Golda Och Academy Upper School is seeking a creative, passionate Jewish educator to join our team for the 2020-2021 school year. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who will work collaboratively with the Student Life, Judaic Studies, and Israel Education departments to bring a love of Jewish life and learning to every aspect of our school day.
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who is highly motivated, driven to succeed, reflective, and open.
- A relationship builder, capable of building rapport and developing bonds with a wide variety of students.
- A lover of Judaism who can work to create a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment on campus.
- An educator who is comfortable with the theory and practice of informal and experiential education.
- A spiritual person who is knowledgeable about Tefillah education and prepared to lead a team of educators in infusing our daily prayers with tradition and meaning.
- An enthusiastic team-oriented collaborator with a strong work ethic, a sense of humor, an ability to take risks and learn from situations.
- A detail-oriented programmer who is able to follow through on all tasks and see a program through to completion.
- A reflective thought partner who is willing to think about what does and does not work within a given program or educational setting.
What You Bring:
- Has Conservative ordination or has worked in/familiarity with the Conservative movement
- Experience working with middle and high school students
- An enthusiastic and creative approach to Jewish Day School education
- A deep knowledge of Jewish tradition, culture, and a desire to impact the spiritual life of our students
- Teach a small number of middle and high school Bible and/or Rabbinics classes.
- Supervision and inspiration in daily middle school and high school tefillot.
- Develop and execute Jewish holiday and special event programming throughout the year.
- Responsible for creating meaningful programming and opportunities for community building through Shabbatonim and other trips.
- Work collaboratively with staff to create Jewish experiences that will enrich the school on a daily basis.
- Work with students and student committees to create programs that will inspire and energize the student body around the Jewish life of the school.
Please send all credentials, including your resume***************************