Youth & Teen Engagement Specialist:
Create and sustain a culture of belonging for our youth and teens.
This position focuses on visioning, planning and executing thoughtful programming
designed to draw youth and teens into the HSOSC community. We seek someone who
has both creative ideas as well as a get-it-done mentality.
This person will work in partnership with educators, clergy, and lay leaders to build and
sustain relationships with our youth and teens and to reinvigorate our programming to
better meet the needs of HSOSC community.
Our Youth and Teen Engagement Specialist (YTES) will build a framework of activities
with the intention of encouraging our Jewish youth to develop friendships, leadership
skills, a sense of belonging to the Jewish People, a love for Israel, and a commitment to
Reform Judaism and promote and model and promote Reform Jewish values of social
justice, social action and inclusivity.
In addition, our YTES will support teens with varying sexual orientations, gender
identities, races, family arrangements, and Jewish identities and backgrounds.
The expect the YTES to form strong relationships with our youth and teens so they feel a
sense of belonging and feel confident to become active participants in our community.
Responsibilities of the YTES position include:
• Plan, budget, advertise and facilitate age-appropriate programs, events, trips and
activities to build relationships between youths and with the congregation.
• Initiate outreach to our youth and teens who are not currently involved with the
goal being to have them become engaged in our congregation and in the
broader Jewish community.
• Maintain our social media presence for our existing and new programs.
• Create and lead youth activities for students from pre-K through high school.
The goal of these planned activities is building a strong community with Jewish
• Assist clergy, staff and lay leaders to implement social, cultural, and informal
educational programs for children of all ages.
• Represent the congregation at NFTY, L’Taken, weekend retreats, regional events,
and Jewish kallot and conferences that our students attend.
• Engage teens as leaders and assist them in finding ways to personally contribute
to our congregation while working with other teens and lay leaders.
• Spearhead the effort to redesign and reinvigorate teen programming, create
educational, social, and social justice offerings that appeal to teens with diverse
• Recruit and retain a core group of teen leaders who will plan and implement teen
programming consistent with our goals and values.
• Coordinate and refresh our Madrichim Program providing training and support
to our classroom madrichim and to creating new roles for those who prefer to
serve in other capacities.
Experience Working with youth and teens
Strong leadership and organization skills
Attention to detail
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Budget planning and tracking experience
Knowledge of the Jewish tradition and customs
Send resume and cover letter to Nina Pachino, Director o************************