The Donor Services Associate is the primary point of contact for donor service matters both internal and external, which includes supporting internal clients with database training, research, and reporting.
Internally, this position supports the Financial Resource Development (FRD) team. The role will focus on regular reporting (queries and statistics) and data analysis for the Federation staff with data analytics and other relevant projects as requested. The Donor Services Associate will streamline the Federation's data business processes while ensuring the integrity of the Federation's database. Externally, the Donor Services Associate is the frontline contact with donors who have questions about their accounts, bills, etc.
This position reports to the Director of Development Operations and has no direct reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintains database competency to assist users with questions regarding pledges, payments, billing, credit card schedules, United Way donations, etc.
• Evaluates the accuracy and quality of data within the Federation customized Blackbaud CRM system.
• Using the Federation's customized Blackbaud CRM to build and process queries.
• Create reports and analyze data while fulfilling requests and answering complex regarding individual constituent accounts.
• Acquires a high-level understanding of the work of Federation, with the ability to answer questions about the Federation, the Jewish community, and the agencies we fund.
Donor Services/Database Administration
• Key contact for all matters related to fundraising and data entries into the database.
• Serves as the database administrator responsible for data analytics, lead reporting for the campaign and other development efforts.
• Creates reports and queries for the entire Federation as requested.
• Develops and implements, critical business processes and procedures while maintaining data integrity and accuracy.
• Works with internal clients to develop procedures for data processing models.
• Conducts research for potential new constituents and database updates.
• Assist in identifying donor prospects based on publicly available data and analysis of current data.
• Provides data support to all Federation departments.
• Prepares and conducts staff training (1-on-1 and group) with a goal to empower colleagues to work independently in the database.
• Prepares technical documentation and document operational procedures for end users.
• Complete special projects as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
• Advanced skill level working within a CRM, data analysis, and business intelligence software.
• Excellent data mining and analysis skills.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy.
• Must be able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to concisely explain complex matters.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to lead staff trainings.
• Critical thinking is required to identify problems and create alternative approaches and solutions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of data.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information technology, computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of experience administering a robust relational database, CRM system, or other related business application, preferably in a nonprofit fundraising environment.
• Experience working with a CRM database including data entry, queries, reporting and data analysis.
• Understanding of and proficiency with database architecture, logic, and usage for constituent management (Certification as a Database Administrator a plus).
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• May be required to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
• May be required to work evenings or Sundays on occasion. Local travel may be required to attend events and participate in Federation sponsored events.
This Job announcement is not designed to cover all responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change. New duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter, resume and compens**********************of Greater Pittsburgh, 2000 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.