The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh seeks a Mega Mission Coordinator who is a travel lover, relationship builder, and has a strong attention to detail. This multi-year, temporary position will lead the Jewish Federation’s 2022 Mega Mission to Israel, as well as assist with other overseas travel experiences.
The 2022 Mega Mission will take upwards of 300 Pittsburghers to Israel for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It is a high-priority program with prominent visibility for the Federation. The Mega Mission Coordinator will ramp-up from part-time to full-time in the year leading up to the mission’s departure. The Coordinator will be responsible for itinerary development, building and maintaining vendor relationships, and mission recruitment. The position will continue in the months immediately following the Mega Mission, to allow for participant follow-up, post-mission programming, and other details necessary to wrap up the Mega Mission.
• Build and strengthen relationships with key staff, volunteers, vendors, and participants to ensure the success of the Mega Mission.
• Collaborate with the Development Department on all aspects of fundraising and volunteer engagement as it relates to the Mega Mission.
• Work with the Marketing Department on all aspects related to Mega Mission promotion and implementation.
• Ensure post-mission follow-up is complete including post-mission interviews with mission participants.
• Develop strategic partnerships with local Jewish organizations and synagogues for mission participation.
• Coordinate all aspects of the Mega Mission from itinerary planning through post-trip completion.
• Develop operational processes and procedures to track all details of the mission and its participants to ensure a smooth execution of the Mega Mission.
• Create marketing messaging.
• Work collaboratively with volunteer Mega Mission leaders.
• Lead Federation staff on the Mega Mission in conjunction with the trip provider.
• Coordinate all recruitment events and meetings, Mega Mission pre-programming and orientations, and post-Mega Mission events.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree is required.
• A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in event planning, Israel travel, and/or non-profit management.
• Must be able to travel locally, nationally, and internationally as needed.
• Knowledge of community engagement including participant recruitment and collaborating with organizations and volunteers.
• Experience working with volunteers within the non-profit sector is strongly preferred.
• Exceptional communication (written & verbal), presentation, and leadership skills. Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of leaders.
• Superior organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Possess an understanding of project management and database software programs.
• Solid knowledge of Jewish community, culture, and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry is a plus.
• Must have and maintain a US passport and PA Driver's license.
This Job announcement is not designed to cover all responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change. New duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter, resume and compens**********************of Greater Pittsburgh, 2000 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us.