Role: Director of Audience Engagement
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Preferably Boston, MA, but open to other locations.
Who We Are
We’re 18Doors, the only national Jewish non-profit laser focused on understanding, connecting with and communicating the needs of interfaith couples and families where one spouse is Jewish, and one has another spiritual or religious background. 18Doors has a website full of quizzes, stories, ideas and recipes; a Jewish clergy referral service, rabbinic fellowship program and professional development for Jewish leaders, professionals and organizations—all focused on helping couples and families to connect and build the Jewish life they want.
We want our team to reflect the diversity of our world, and of interfaith couples and families. We seek employees from diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
Who You Are
You will lead 18Doors’ digital communications, audience engagement and technical functionality for the digital experiences of 18Doors.
You will lead a diverse number of projects across the organization and report to the Chief Operating Officer. In addition to projects you will initiate directly, you will collaborate and advise on other projects that originate in divisions across 18Doors.
In each instance, the objective is to create a sustainable and consistent ecosystem of digital experiences that enhance the interactions our audience has with the organization.
You will be a champion for our users—first and foremost, for interfaith couples and families with young children, and also for professionals and leaders at Jewish organizations, and rabbis. Ultimately, you are responsible for the overall cohesion of the digital experience across all platforms. You will focus on creating an exceptional user experience while also advancing the mission and business goals of the organization.
This role can be based in the United States or Canada.
* Using Google Analytics and other data, create a strategy to use our integrated software and WordPress website and marketing/social media tools to create a digital UX that moves our mission forward and increases our audience engagement.
* Oversee creation of a social media strategy, and implementation that includes Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube with the goal to drive audience engagement to our website, events and programs.
* Develop and maintain an evolving digital experience that engages and tracks our audiences’ journeys through our website and program areas.
* Oversee digital engagement strategy across our website and make or oversee the outsourcing of simple site fixes and enhancements.
* Identify opportunities across marketing automation, with the ability to write copy, make changes, test, and optimize as necessary using Autopilot.
* Champion strategies around content in close collaboration with our editorial director (both interactive and traditional).
Research trends and opportunities across the digital landscape.
* Enhance overall brand reputation and drive sustained engagement between 18Doors and its audiences.
* Understand how we use our CRM strategy to enhance and improve audience engagement alongside our CRM administrator.
* Initiate and lead major digital initiatives and campaigns that make significant impact on revenue and key KPIs.
* For projects initiated by other divisions such as programming, content and development, serve as close collaborator and advisor, ensuring alignment with overall 18Doors digital strategy.
* Act as a consistent champion for creating and maintaining a smart, world-class digital ecosystem to advance 18Doors' mission and vision.
Experience and Qualifications
* 7+ years of experience in digital marketing and UX design, with a focus on building audience engagement
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Ability to work in a dispersed work environment
* Forward-thinking, creative and collaborative
* Detail-oriented with the ability to set and meet deadlines
* Understanding of the ins and outs of Google Analytics and B2C social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter)
* Experience overseeing the back end of a WordPress site
What You Can Expect From 18Doors
* Starting salary between $70,000- $80,000, assuming you meet the minimum requirements
* 15 days of PTO per year, plus up to 21 paid Jewish and secular holidays
* 100 percent coverage of health, vision and dental insurance for employee
* 401k contribution
* Work schedule options to accommodate your work and life
* Work side-by-side with smart, creative, thoughtful hard-working colleagues in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
* Effectively communicates across departments in a remote work environment