TITLE: Data Systems Associate
DEPARTMENT: Yeshivah of Flatbush Executive Office: Technology Department
919 East 10th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11230
Reports to: Director of Informational & Instructional Technology
The Data Systems Associate assists with the collection, analysis, and dissemination of school, staff, student, and instructional data, enters data into and extracts data from system-wide and school-wide databases, compiles and analyzes data, troubleshoots data issues, prepares reports, and supports users of the systems. This position reports to and works directly with the Director of Information and Instructional Technology.
This position will be responsible for the data management for the Student Information System (Rediker), eMail system (Google for Education), Financial system (Finacs), Donation system (Sustain), Health system (Snap), Library system (Follett) and other systems as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and utilize electronic student information systems and other systems used by the organization.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data issues
- Work with vendor helpdesk and support techs in resolving issues
- Perform data updates and upgrades as needed
- Maintain information in data systems
- Input, export, download, organize, and analyze student, school, and instructional data using shared accountability and databases, including data related to attendance, discipline, assessments, and enrollment.
- Develop and print reports on data in multiple systems.
- Prepare timely and accurate responses to data requests from school and administrative personnel.
- Participate in training to remain current on data sources, data analysis techniques, and strategies for developing and conducting presentation.
- Provide information and training to school and office personnel on the use of the student information system and application of data from the system.
- Assist Director of Information and Instructional Technology in data projects and other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications, skills, and qualities:
- Considerable knowledge of data management, policies, and procedures.
- Experience with data-driven school improvement.
- Skilled at analyzing, interpreting, and using data to collaborate, and identify best practices and areas for improvement.
- General knowledge of computers, statistics, student data management systems, and various operating systems. SQL, Tableau, Crystal Reports, Rediker, Google Admin, Python a plus.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with data entry.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors or omissions.
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Demonstrate experience with data entry, database management, data auditing, and data analysis is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps and other standard business technology is required.
- Must be extremely attentive to detail and highly self-motivated, with ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently and independently.
- Demonstrate ability to complete activities/projects in a timely manner, on or before scheduled deadlines, with minimal errors.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Database Management, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in working in a K-12 school environment with data systems a plus.
Salaries range from $38,000 - $40,000 depending on level of education, years of experience and employment history.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Christine Coleman
Director of Information & Inst*********************