Luria Academy of Brooklyn
Upper Elementary Judaic Studies Teacher
For August 2020
At Luria Academy of Brooklyn, we are inspiring a new generation of leaders, creators, thinkers and engaged citizens. Through our individualized approach to learning and commitment to diversity as a core value, our students graduate with a deep love of learning, strong sense of self, and a passion to repair a fractured world.
Luria Academy of Brooklyn (www.luria-academy.org) serves 275 students in preschool through 8th grade. Luria offers a sophisticated education in a progressive environment. Luria’s students come from a wide range of religious and economic backgrounds. At Luria, students are encouraged to be curious, to embrace one another’s differences and to engage in respectful dialogue.
• Teach Chumash, Mishnah, and Tefilah to 4th and 5th Graders
• Differentiate instruction for diverse learners in a progressive setting
• Collaborate with a team of teachers and with faculty
• Manage classroom routines and behaviors
• Communicate effectively with families
• Master’s Degree preferred
• Fluent with Jewish texts in Hebrew
• Innovative and creative educator
• Experience teaching in Upper Elementary preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to: Dr. Jennifer Davids, Upper School Director of T**************************