Please note: We have Afterschool Director positions available in multiple neighborhoods in Atlanta, including Decatur, Brookhaven, and Sandy Springs.
JKG Afterschool Community combines the services of a premium afterschool program with a full Jewish and Hebrew curriculum. JKG makes Hebrew school FUN again. Our independent programs are designed for any and all types of Jewish families, including interfaith and unaffiliated. The Jewish educational backgrounds of our students and families are diverse, and our teachers are trained to engage all types of learners. This makes JKG a place children look forward to coming, where friendships are made, and where Jewish identity is built. Learn more here: jewishkidsgroups.com/jkg-afterschool
The JKG Afterschool Director serves as the leader of the Afterschool Community and oversees all aspects of the program. In this dynamic role, the Director cares for and inspires students, motivates and supports teachers, and provides unparalleled customer service to parents. The Afterschool Director position is multifaceted. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Program Development: Hone vision and approach of Afterschool program; Work with leadership team to develop and refine organization policies, procedures, and program initiatives; Manage the implementation of JKG's experiential Jewish Studies and Hebrew curriculum.
- Team Management: Recruit, hire, train and on-board Afterschool Community teachers, assistant teachers, specialists, and volunteers; Support teachers with lesson planning, classroom management, and behavior management; Cultivate a positive, hard working, supportive culture among staff
- Family Relationship Management: Go above and beyond what parents expect through e-mail and in person check-ins and connections; Send regular program updates to Afterschool Community parents; Serve as the point of contact for all questions and information about your JKG Afterschool location
- Operations Management: Maintain the administrative side of Afterschool Community (student/teacher files, allergy concerns, enrollment documents, documentation and organization of lesson plans, and record daily attendance); Manage budget and spending for Afterschool Community
- Miscellaneous: Recruit prospective families and steward them through the enrollment process; Attend and plan special JKG events as needed, such as Shabbat Potlucks for JKG families; Plan and implement the programming for all camp days throughout the year; Any other special projects, new initiatives, and responsibilities that may fall under the JKG Afterschool Community umbrella.