MetroWest Jewish Day School is a pre-K to grade 8 community Jewish day school that celebrates pluralism and diversity. MWJDS fosters the personal growth of each child through a multi-faceted, individualized, and dynamic 21st-century approach to learning. Our student community actively engages in the comprehensive exploration of both secular and Jewish curricula. MWJDS inspires our students to become contributing members of our global world as knowledgeable and responsible members of the diverse Jewish community.
We offer small classes and emphasize inquiry-based instruction. This is a collaborative based model requiring warmth, flexibility, and a willingness to work in concert with the rest of the faculty. We are a collaborative community of learners.
MWJDS is seeking a Wilson Certified Reading Instructor to work with students in grades K-8
• Assess students to identify reading issues
• Develop an individualized plan to address reading needs
• Provide services in multi modalities that best address student needs
• Meet with students individually, in small groups, and in small classes
• Track each student's progress and keep a log of each lesson
• Communicate on an ongoing basis with the classroom teachers and Director of Student Support Services on student progress and challenges
• Communicate with parents in a partnership model regarding the student’s needs and instruction
• Participate in Response To Intervention (RTI) meetings with teachers and specialist
• Work in partnership with developing Instructor's hours
• Work collaboratively as a team member of the faculty and the school community
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Preferred
• Wilson certification
• Experience in Wilson instruction