The Adelson Educational Campus (AEC) in Las Vegas, Nevada is home to an independent, community Jewish day school that simultaneously operates an Early Childhood Education (Pre-School) Program, a Lower School (Grades K-5), a Middle School (Grades 6-8) and a college preparatory High School (Grades 9-12). Within the context of a campus atmosphere imbued with Jewish culture and a deep love for the State of Israel, AEC offers a quality academic program for Jewish students while also welcoming students from other faith communities and ethnic backgrounds. AEC’s mission is to instruct and inspire new generations of students who draw strength from the richness of western civilization as well as from Jewish ethical principles. Graduates use the knowledge, values, and vision acquired at AEC to fulfill their own potential and build a better world.
At the heart of AEC’s approach is a focus on the whole child and an interdisciplinary curriculum through which students internalize values such as integrity, justice, tolerance, kindness and community. Adelson campus students graduate as caring, perceptive, and engaged thinkers, well-prepared for the rigors of higher education and ready to take their places as the citizens and leaders of tomorrow.
AEC is situated on a state-of-the-art fourteen-acre campus with over 160,000 square feet of facilities. The campus is equipped with a 400-seat theater, seven science labs, a lower school organic garden and an instrumental music room. AEC also has a 5,000 square foot Startup Incubator in which students and teachers bring ideas to life. Startup Incubator facilities feature a Fab Lab, a Coding Lab, and a Digital Media Studio. In addition, the campus boasts extensive athletic facilities including a regulation size basketball court, an indoor competition size swimming pool, an indoor running track, a volleyball court, a soccer field, and three tennis courts.
Adelson is a central institution in Las Vegas’ extended Jewish community, serving as the only Preschool-12th grade Jewish day school in the state of Nevada. The School is NWAIS accredited and serves approximately 450 students. More information about the school can be found on the web at: www.adelsoncampus.org
The Interim Head of School opportunity is an exciting and critically important role for the Adelson Educational Campus. The Interim Head of School will work closely with the Board of Trustees to identify and determine priorities and areas for improvement and opportunities for institutional growth while simultaneously preparing the AEC community for the arrival of a new, long-term Head of School commencing with the 2021-22 academic year. The Board of Trustees seeks an Interim Head of School with an ability to communicate effectively to all constituencies while embodying the vision, mission, values and ideas of AEC in a thoughtful and consensus building-manner.
In addition to primary responsibility for all day to day operations of the school, the position carries responsibilities in the following areas:
1) As the Chief Executive of AEC, the Interim Head of School will be expected to advance the school’s commitment to the highest educational standards in general and Judaic studies and Hebrew language learning. The Interim will work closely with the Lower and Upper School administrative teams to review the current curriculum, ensuring that it possesses both intentional scope and sequence as well as appropriately challenging academics for all students. The Interim will aid the academic leadership in the development of systems to monitor student academic progress in a supportive school climate. The Interim will also lead efforts to refine strategic priorities and establish systems that respond to today’s educational challenges and opportunities in order to ensure the school’s future success.
2) The Interim Head of School has ultimate responsibility for supervising and evaluating AEC’s leadership team and for fostering trust, a culture of continual learning and a positive morale among all faculty and administrative members. In addition, the Interim will be tasked with leading the recruitment and hiring process of a new Lower School Principal for the 2021-22 academic year.
3) The Interim Head of School must have exemplary communication skills and a high emotional quotient. The Interim is tasked with growing a culture of transparency and communication between faculty, parents, students and board members. S/he will implement best practices in the areas of education, educational administration, and school management and must ensure that progress and information is shared with all constituencies clearly, effectively, and consistently.
• Proven track record as an organizational leader and/or educational administrator.
• Open and collaborative management and leadership style. Comfort with soliciting input from others while still being decisive and independent in the decision-making process. Strong ability to delegate and transfer authority and responsibility for work to others.
• An appreciation of Jewish culture and its values and a positive attitude toward the State of Israel.
• Demonstrated track-record of identifying, attracting and developing top talent.
• Visionary leadership, a proven growth mindset and an expectation of excellence in every facet of the school.
• Strong supervisory/evaluation skills and ability to hold staff accountable for expected results.
• Financial acumen: able to work with the CFO to design and prepare budgets and set financial priorities.
• Ability to set clear priorities from amongst a number of diverse tasks and needs, meet predetermined schedules and lay out a timely course of action to address issues and problems.
• Excellent people skills. Warm, honest, and fair approach in dealing with others. Ability to interact and engage comfortably with a wide variety of key constituents including students, parents, Board members, major donors, and community leaders.
• Advanced degree preferred.
This position description is based upon material provided by The Adelson Educational Campus, an equal opportunity employer.
Dara Klarfeld, CEO
Tani Weissman, Search Consultant
To apply for this position please visit www.DRGsearch.com