The Jewish Cemetery Association of Massachusetts (JCAM) is a non-profit Jewish cemetery association that actively sells grave plots to the public. When JCAM was founded in 1984, it cared for 17 Jewish cemeteries, 5 of which were abandoned. Today JCAM owns and manages 125 Jewish cemeteries in the Greater Boston area. We are also the largest Jewish cemetery association in North America.
JCAM is currently seeking a part-time Grave Sales Associate to assist with the sales promotion and fulfillment needs of our growing organization. We are looking for an experienced, results-driven individual to actively recruit and engage client prospects.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience as a sales associate
(cemetery sales experience a plus)
• Ability to interact with clients with compassion and patience
• Ability to meet or exceed sales goals
• Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
• Effectively track and fulfill grave sales from initial contact through completion and payment
• Acumen for understanding maps and learn layout of multiple cemeteries from maps and grave lists
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
• Attention to client needs that necessitates responsiveness and a consoling demeanor which enables the client(s) to make difficult decisions regarding funeral arrangements.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills
• Compassion and the ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
• Coachable and willingness to learn through our structured training program
• Must possess a valid state driver’s license and have access to a reliable personal vehicle.
Interested candidates, please forward cover letter and resume.
Interviews will take place via Zoom.