Large reform city congregation on the north side of Chicago seeks a personable and organized individual to serve as the administrator for our Religious School Sunday and Midweek Hebrew programs. The RSA will provide general support for a broad range of programs throughout our Religious School with a specific focus on customer service, communications, faculty/curriculum support and data management. The Religious School Coordinator must be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to effectively manage multiple priorities. Responsibilities include phone, email and in-person communication, ordering food and supplies, and preparation of school materials. RSA is responsible for carrying out duties in a manner consistent with the Temple’s mission and strategic plan. Attention given to enhance quality service and programs, increase member involvement/satisfaction, strengthen donor involvement and build organizational strength. The RSA will report to the Director of Lifelong Learning and will meet on a regular basis throughout the year. This is a full-time position involving evening and weekend commitments.
• 2 years of experience working in a school environment
• Bachelor’s degree in education or Jewish Studies preferred
• Communications skills including e-blast software
• Computer skills including Microsoft Suite, Mail Merge skills, Database management, Google docs, ability to learn new programs that are specific to temple management
• Knowledge of Jewish customs and appreciation for Jewish tradition
• Answer questions and follow up on inquiries concerning Religious School programming.
• Ensure the safe and healthy oversight of Religious School participants as needed.
• Send communication from Director of Lifelong Learning to various groups including faculty, parents, and students.
• Assist with administration of recruitment, training, and evaluation of teachers/instructors.
• Coordinate with facilities, communication and administrative staff following standard operating procedures for programming to ensure proper set-up and publicity
• Implement Administration of Curriculum: update pacing guides, organize lesson plans, gather materials.
• Supervise Administration of Sunday school and midweek Hebrew making sure classroom set-ups are executed, teachers have materials, etc.
• Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing orders and verifying receipt of supplies; stocking items and delivering supplies to work areas and classrooms.
Provide administrative support for Religious School programs and holiday celebrations:
o Organizing materials,
o Ordering food,
o Making event reservations
o Gathering of program materials,
o Maintaining office/school space
• Follows standard operating procedures for programming to ensure proper set-up instructions communicated for Religious School events
• Maintain school registration database, class lists, schedules, documents, and attendance.
• School Logistics: submit room setups, review calendar/website
• Perform other related duties as assigned or required; duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet the needs of the Lifelong Learning department.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.