Tiferet Bet Israel (TBI) in Blue Bell, PA is an inclusive, welcoming Jewish community. The Leonard & Madlyn Abramson Early Childhood Education Community (Abramson ECEC,) our daycare facility, was established in September, 2019 with the purpose of serving families with infants through preschool-aged children, offering both part-time and full-time childcare options. We are an inclusive community that values diversity. We will provide a loving, safe, and nurturing environment where learning is fostered through child-centered, play-based learning. In our first year of operation we had 50 children enrolled and we are excited about our future.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a strong and dynamic leader with the ability to motivate and inspire those around them. This person should be able to lead strategically, but also have a hands-on attitude where no job is too small. As the leader of the Abramson ECEC the Executive Director’s responsibilities will include:
· Overseeing the daily operations of the school including human resources, quality assurance and facility operations.
· Develop and implement programming, both internal and external, for the academic school year as well as summer camp.
· Implement systems to ensure consistency throughout the school.
· Hire and train a high performing staff.
· Supervise staff through a combination of regular meetings and ongoing education activities.
· Assist teachers in developing classrooms goals and lesson plans as well as contribute to ongoing professional development through formal and informal classroom observations.
· Servant leader who will inspire teachers through leadership and creating a collaborative work environment of mutual respect.
· Ensure student engagement and success. A love for children and desire to nurture and safeguard them is essential. A value for play and creativity within a thoughtfully developed and structured environment is required to promote learning, exploration, personal expression and knowledge.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with ECEC families.
· Develop and implement student recruitment programs through marketing and community outreach both online and offline.
· Continue to develop programming around Jewish religion, customs and holidays.
· Manage a P&L.
· Be an integral part of TBI community.
· Maintain all required state licensing requirements.
· Educational background which meets federal and state requirements for child care licensing
· Minimum, Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. Masters degree preferred
· At least ten years of professional experience including at least three years working as a Director, or Assistant Director, in early childhood education. Experience working as a teacher prior to taking on a Director role is a plus.
· At least four years of experience working with children (post degree.). A Pennsylvania teaching certification is preferred.
· Strong understanding of technology including externally facing platforms like Zoom and Facebook as well as other tools to streamline operations.
· Demonstrable success increasing enrollment within an early childhood education program.
· Knowledge of Pennsylvania learning standards.
· Understanding of Pennsylvania’s child care licensing codes.
· Thrives on customer service and satisfaction.
· Ability to pass a full background check.
· Strong leader who is equally collaborative.
· Exceptional communicator who is comfortable speaking in public, with parents and staff as well as possessing strong writing skills.
· Team player who enjoys partnering with multiple constituencies to achieve success.
· Positive and upbeat attitude while working in a fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional listening skills.
· Highly effective organizational, time management, and multitasking skillset.
• Bachelor's degree in education or a related field, plus 1 year of experience with children; OR Bachelor's degree including 30 hours in education or a related field, plus 2 years experience with children
• Current completed state-issued Health Form including TB test for our program
• Valid Child Abuse Clearance
• Valid PA Criminal Background Check
• Valid FBI Fingerprinting
• Certificate of Completion for mandated reporter training
• Certificate of Completion of "Get Started with Center-Based Care: Building Blocks for Quality" through Penn State
• Current Infant/Pediatric CPR/First Aid Certificate
• 2 Written professional letters of reference
• Emergency/Evacuation Preparedness Training for facility