Hillels of Georgia is seeking an experienced Professional to serve as our new Vice President of Operations responsible for the organization’s day-to-day operations including fiscal, personnel, IT and facilities management and general administrative oversight. The successful candidate is entrepreneurial, collaborative, intellectually curious, highly organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The VP of Operations must be committed to excellence, mission driven and passionately dedicated to advancing Hillels of Georgia’s vision of serving Jewish college students and mission creating vibrant Jewish life in our campus communities.
• Fiscal and administrative management, supervision and oversight of agency’s fiscal operations.
• Personnel management including payroll and benefits management as well as managing and directing the agency’s HR policies to ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
• Oversight of agency’s banking and investment relationships.
• Develop policies and protocols to ensure spending controls.
• Management of agency’s grants and allocations from funders, foundations and other sources.
• Budget preparation, analysis and projections.
• Management of agency’s business vendors and contracts; including insurance, property management and maintenance.
• Preparation for agency’s annual audit and tax filings.
• Oversee development and updating of organizational policies and procedures.
• Manage agency’s technology, IT, database and telecommunication systems.
• Responsible for agency’s security policies, protocols and practices including relationships with security vendors and local law enforcement agencies.
• Supervise and manage staff engaged in management and administrative duties.
• Foster relationships with Hillel’s constituents including professional colleagues, volunteer leadership, Unviersity administrators and representatives, community stakeholders, alumni, parents and students.
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant business management work experience; for-profit, educational and/or nonprofit organizational experience. Familiarity with Jewish communal organizations and Atlanta Jewish community helpful.
• Undergraduate degree required and preferably a MBA, CPA, CMA or CFA or similar degree or certificate.
• Experience partnering with CEO, team player with senior professional leadership management team.
• Solid knowledge of finance, budget, accounting, personnel and IT management practices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented, organized, and flexible.
• Working knowledge of word processing, Excel, Quickbooks, accounting and payroll software; ability to supervise technology and IT consultants and contractors. Familiarity and use of social media outlets.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Hillels of Georgia offers an excellent benefits package including generous vacation/sick/family leave; comprehensive medical and dental insurance; flex spending plans; life insurance; long term disability insurance and retirement program. This is a full-time position that requires presence at meetings, events and activities many of which take place in the evening, weekends and Jewish holidays.
About Hillels of Georgia
Hillels of Georgia’s mission is to enrich the lives of our Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world. Our goal is to help all Jewish students explore and define their personal Jewish identities and commitments by providing meaningful personal Jewish experiences, connections to the Jewish community and Israel.
Hillels of Georgia represents over 24 campuses and serves over 10,000 Jewish students at various universities across the state. We are proud of our two Hillel homes and facilities: the Marcus Hillel Center at Emory Unviersity and the University of Georgia Hillel House in Athens. For more information about Hillels of Georgia please visit our website at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillels of Georgia is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.