Our client is a prominent Midwest Modern Orthodox High School.
The Assistant Dean reports directly to the Dean and is responsible for curriculum and instruction at the School. Included in this role is:
• Classroom walk-throughs for professional growth of teachers
• Classroom observations
• Goal setting with teachers and planning how to reach goals
• Reflective practice with teachers
• Teach one class in their subject expertise
In addition, the Assistant Dean works with a select group teacher (5-10) designated both in the beginning of the academic year and on an ad hoc basis for more intense professional development on goal setting and classroom teaching through observations, reflections, and modeling.
The Assistant Dean serves as chair of the department chairs
• Conduct regular meetings and professional development
• Provide professional development opportunities for the chairs
• Assist chairs in designing and implementing departmental professional development
• Oversees the development of curriculum according to national and local standards
• Tracks the overall progress of students based upon standardized testing and recommends curricular and instructional change accordingly
The Assistant Dean leads the induction of new teachers (in either the first two years of teacher or first year at the School)
• Mentor Assignment and Oversight
• Monthly meetings with new teachers
• Liaison with Jewish New Teacher Project
The Assistant Dean is responsible for the professional development for all teachers based on an improvement plan for the teaching in the school.
• Design and oversee ongoing professional development so that every teacher has meaningful opportunities and every full-time teacher engages
• Support/Guide Curriculum Review Teams (one new area per year- for a two-year cycle)
The Assistant Dean serves as a member of the administrative team.
• Masters required
• 5+ years of teaching or administration experience
• Needs to identify with the mission of the school
• Experience with Professional Development of teachers, a plus
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|