Program Coordinator Role:
Manhattan based kiruv organization seeks a full-time program coordinator. The position entails programming, marketing, administrative work and engagement with participants. The person for this position should be idealistic, personable, organized and experienced, preferable with experience in Jewish outreach. Position involves some Shabbats, Jewish holidays and evenings.
Program Coordinator Job Duties:
• Coordination of events and programs including: Shabbat Dinners, Classes, Social Events, Couples Events, High Holidays, Shavuot, and Meetings
• Coordinate and Organize Israel Trips: publicity, recruiting and tracking, payments, programs, flights, orientation, keeping record of finances, correspondence with staff and participants, and reunions
• Marketing: Maintain and promote events and programs with social media, e-marketing, and print advertising/brochures, following the strategy laid out by the Communications Director.
• Program Management: oversee the logistics and administrative duties of learning program, including: tracking interviews, applications, payments, making course binder, ordering materials and books, printing, tracking homework and events, weekly correspondence with participants
• Attend & Assist joint programs: Annual Dinner, Mitzvah Fair/Blood Drive, Annual Yahrzteit Letcutre, Happy Hours, Sporting Events, Winter Ski Trip, Spring Retreat, Chanukah Chagiga, Yom Hashoa, Yom Hazikaron/Haatzmaut, Israel Day Parade, Tisha B’Av, Simchat Torah
• Maintenance: Oversee organization of communal areas, maintain clean working environment
• Office Responsibilities: Helping with office projects, including - database, website, office systems. Maintaining current database of Participants. Sending weekly correspondence emails. Thank you letters. Intake for all events. Answering office phone calls. Printing and making copies.
Program Coordinator Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Two to three years related work experience in event planning management and banquet management
• Proven customer-service skills and excellent oral and written communications skills
• Familiarity with kosher dietary laws is a plus.
• Strong administrative and time-management skills.
• Resourceful, ambitious, and proactive team player.
• Ability to work evening events and some shabbats and holidays.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple assignments.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive and graphic design creation with Canva.
• Preferred qualifications include: graphic design, experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), videography and editing skills, existing contacts in the media/communications field.
• Full Time
• Salary Range $50,000 – 60,000 (commensurate with experience)