The Epstein School is an Independent Jewish Private School serving students in grades preschool (from 18 months) – 8th grade. Our school offers integrated, dual-language learning that cultivates lifelong skills, inspires Jewish identity, and nurtures curiosity, critical thinking and creativity. Epstein’s bilingual integrated program has been recognized for excellence both nationally and internationally.
Our Middle School Learning Support Specialists are educational innovators committed to providing high-quality instruction and support in the areas of Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, and Social Science to students in grades 5-8. They work closely with all educational professionals to meet the individual needs of each student.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate professionalism in all job-related situations including interactions with students, parents, colleagues and community members
• Build strong relationships with all stakeholders while advocating for students’ best interests
• Collaborate with General Studies teachers to design, implement and differentiate engaging lessons to meet the needs of diverse learners. Ability to modify lessons in “real-time” required
• Assess student performance using a variety of educational instruments
• Prepare regular communications pertaining to student progress and instruction
• Maintain high-expectations for student learning
• Communicate students’ needs to all stakeholders
• Manage classroom procedures through consistent, well-articulated expectations
• Promote a positive school environment that enhances student learning
• Maintain a positive and collaborative climate across departments and grade levels
• Proactively participate in school community programs and events
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication abilities
• Exhibits a growth mindset
• Seeks to improve through self-reflection, constructive feedback and/or professional development activities
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office as well as other relevant educational platforms
Education & Other Requirements:
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred, Special Education background preferred
• Certification/License: Valid Georgia Teaching Certificate or equivalent
• Orton-Gillingham Training preferred
• Experience: Minimum of three years as a lead teacher in a school environment
About the Role:
• FLSA: Exempt, Salaried
• Reports To: Division Principal
• Work Days: 190
• Salary: Commensurate with experience
To learn more, please visit us at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx or apply directly at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx .
The Epstein School provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual-orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, disability or handicap, citizenship status, veteran or service member status, genetic information; gender identity or gender expression, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Equal employment opportunities refer to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, placement, advancement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.