Temple Aliyah seeks an experienced and visionary educational leader for our preschool, which serves children ages eighteen months through five. We are looking for someone to partner with our ECE director in nurturing our community and cultivating a strong sense of engagement between students, parents, and our Temple Aliyah community. This educator will share and work toward our vision for a fully enrolled preschool that is committed to serving the educational needs of the students. The Assistant ECE Director will work closely with the Director.
The Assistant ECE Director will also help oversee summer camp and participate in community-wide holidays, activities, and events.
Our Assistant ECE Director must have:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Logistical management skills;
• Very strong computer skills, including word, excel, and social media – knowledge of ShulCloud a plus;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Knowledge of licensing protocols and the ability to adhere to them.
• Assist Director in the daily operations and responsibilities of the programs, which include:
o Preschool, summer camp, Parent & Me programs, and Jewish holidays;
o Responsible for communication with parents;
o Along with the director, responsible for student and teacher attendance records;
o Help maintain and order school supplies;
o Manage all aspects of registration;
o Maintain teacher and student files;
o Manage teacher substitutes;
o Oversee event planning for family events with Director.
• With Director, lead and support our team of exceptional educators:
o Observe and advise teachers;
o With Director, oversee Parent & Me program;
o Assist teachers with planning and implementation of curriculum;
o Help teachers with classroom management;
o Mentor new teachers;
o Meet regularly with Director and teaching staff to discuss and evaluate programs;
o Assist in planning professional development.
• Connect to the greater Aliyah community:
o Actively work with other departments to ensure proper coordination and overall success of the ECE and participate in synagogue-wide activities and programs;
o Collaborate with colleagues to advance school-wide vision.
• Five or more years of experience in Early Childhood education;
• Bachelor’s Degree in child development or related field and Site Supervisor Permit Qualified;
• Demonstrated track record of collaborating with other educators, coordinating, supervising, and mentoring educators;
• Ability to support teachers’ understanding of and learning about integrating Jewish traditions and values.