We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
We are looking for Judaic Studies Associate Teacher (Grades 4-5) for the 2020-2021 School Year at our Brooklyn School. All lessons will be instructed in Hebrew with focus on teaching Torah Shebikhtav and / or Torah She-Be-alpeh, while cherishing and celebrating the existence of the modern State of Israel, and supporting it through prayer and deed. Alongside the instructed subjects, high importance is placed on instilling in the children a passion for becoming independent lifelong learners and maintaining a love of learning throughout their life.
The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer.
- The Associate Teacher will support the curriculum plans of the head teacher, have opportunities to initiate and implement parts of the curriculum, and gradually assume increased responsibilities.
- Cultivate core Jewish values such as kindness, respect, compassion and integrity within students
- Participate in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA and student clubs.
- Familiarity with current technology and integrating it into the classroom and lesson plans.
- Associate Teacher should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent teacher’s certificate in education or related field. May have Semicha Rabbinic Ordination or Allegra Franco certificate in place of Bachelor’s degree. Should be fluent in Hebrew, and feel comfortable teaching in an Ivrit b’Ivrit school.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply. Private transportation from Manhattan can be provided for faculty.
About Magen David Yeshivah
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.
Learn more about Magen David Yeshivah: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx