Join the fun and dynamic team at Congregation Emanu El!
The Clergy Assistant/Ritual Coordinator’s primary duties are to produce, assemble and organize all ritual-related resources, communicate with ritual participants and support the clergy. This person is integral to providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The individual is expected to work with the administrative team to support the overall operations as needed.
The Clergy Assistant/Ritual Coordinator requires a detail-oriented individual who excels at multitasking and problem solving and can anticipate the needs of those they support. The person must be able to prioritize and take initiative. Strong organizational and computer skills are a must. The position requires extreme sensitivity to personal situations and adherence to confidentiality. Given the nature of synagogue work, a great deal of flexibility and ability to pivot based on changing circumstances is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates ritual events as directed by clergy
* Maintains calendar accuracy by planning and scheduling meetings and events for clergy
* Assists and communicates with guests and members by warmly greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or directing inquires
* Creates, copies and distributes documents as requested
* Keeps thorough and organized files and history of prior work product, correspondence, meetings and officiation of events
Skill and Educational Requirements:
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Organized record-keeping skills
* Computer Skills: Outlook, Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Docs and Sheets, Database Skills, Slack, Online forms
* Ability to effectively edit correspondence and Shabbat handouts
* Time management skills
* Excellent organizational, team and independent work skills especially as needed to support the clergy
High School/GED and at least 2 years of college required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.