About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA’s strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
· An incredible mission backed by hundreds of thousands of partners, our donors, who support the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere
· An enthralling 119-year history as one of the world’s oldest environmentally focused philanthropic organizations
· An inclusive, supportive, and collaborative work culture where we play as a team, support each other and nurture creative minds
· A bold One Billion Dollar Road Map for the Next Decade that’s creating infrastructure, environmental, and economic opportunities to attract 500,000 people to Israel’s Negev Desert and 300,000 people to the Galilee
· An active and engaged lay leadership that supports and guides our professional team and our organization’s direction
· Days off for certain Jewish holidays (in addition to the secular US holiday calendar) along with “3pm Fridays” during winter
· Opportunities to visit Israel
· Top-notch Healthcare plus Dental and Vision, employer-paid Life Insurance, and Short and Long-term Disability
· 403(b) and Generous Employer Contributions.
Jewish National Fund seeks to recruit an experienced fundraiser to be responsible for raising dollars and awareness for JNF in the Greater Washington DC area. The primary responsibility of the Director is to raise funds from current and prospective donors to support Jewish National Fund’s annual campaign which in turn provides projects and programs on behalf of Israel. This position will be based in the Greater Washington DC area.
· Continual face-to-face meetings with donors (both new and prospective) to develop relationships leading to solicitation and closing of gifts at the general campaign and major gifts levels.
· Board and/or Committee development, and cultivation
· Recruitment of donors to participate in JNF branded missions or trips is critical to the candidate’s success.
· Fundraising management of local events is key for driving new donors into our database and prospect pool
· Lead activities which will directly result in prospect identification, engagement, and successful solicitations
· A team player who understands the need to develop leadership through continual contacts and recognition which ultimately benefits programs and services helping Israel
· 7-8 years of prior direct sales or fundraising experience
· Exceptional communication skills and ability to quickly connect to donors
· Strong presentation and public speaking skills
· Entrepreneurial spirit is a must with the ability to work and plan day to day tasks in an efficient manner
· The ideal candidate will be collaborative, results oriented, and have a clear passion for the JNF mission and Israel
· Travel domestically and to Israel when needed
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce)
· Outstanding organizational and time management skills
You may also have:
• Salesforce data management
See job posting below to apply for this position: