We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
We are looking for Grade 1-5 Associate Teachers for the 2020-2021 school year at our Brooklyn school. The school year is consistent with the Jewish calendar and closed during the summer. This position provides an "on the job" learning experience for educators new to the field. Associate teachers will partner together with experienced lead teachers to learn about the responsibilities of a classroom teacher in an environment where they have support.
Associate teachers work in partnership with lead teachers on all aspects of classroom life and learning. Associates will learn best practices in classroom instruction, how to communicate with parents, how to collaborate with colleagues and how to build positive relationships with students to create an engaging classroom community.
Associates need to be flexible, open to learning new things, patient, collaborative, caring, responsible and reliable.
- Collaborating with the lead teacher in planning the curriculum and reviewing lesson plans.
- Preparing and studying the material to be taught, in order to be knowledgeable of the objectives of the lesson.
- Developing instructional course materials, and innovating ideas to make learning flexible and enjoyable.
- Supporting differentiated instruction by working with students' particular learning styles and needs.
- Tracking and rating students' progress during lessons, and on formative and summative assessments.
- Meeting with the lead teacher to reflect on your observations of the lesson.
- Tending to all class responsibilities to complete scheduled targets in the lead teacher's absence.
- Attend meetings and discussions to understand the functioning of the classroom and the strategies implemented.
- Assisting and offering ideas in classroom and bulletin board design.
- Associate teacher should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent teacher’s certificate in education or related field. Preference will be given to those with teaching experience, but is not required.
- Associate teachers should be working toward completing a Master’s degree in Education.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply. Private transportation from Manhattan can be provided for faculty.
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.