Temple Kol Emeth (TKE) in Marietta, GA is seeking a full-time Youth Engagement Coordinator who will work in a shared position with URJ Camp Coleman.
Temple Kol Emeth is a welcoming Jewish community in suburban Atlanta affiliated with the Union for Reform Judaism. Our 400+ family congregation strives to engage and inspire adults and children alike. To learn more about our community, please visit our website at www.kolemeth.net.
Our Youth Group programs have been active for over 30 years. KEFTY, our senior youth group, engages an expanded community of local teens in a variety of social, fundraising and community service activities. Our younger youth groups involve children in grades PK-8 in fun community-building activities with their Jewish peers.
The Youth Engagement Coordinator plays a vital role in the life of our congregation. This individual oversees and directs the youth programs for children and teens, helping to create opportunities for social, spiritual, and educational growth. The Youth Engagement Coordinator also works with our clergy, staff and lay leaders to implement social, cultural, and informal educational programs for the congregation at large.
Responsibilities will include:
• Advise our senior youth group, KEFTY. Provide leadership training to KEFTY’s teen leadership board, and facilitate their success in guiding their youth group. Guide the board in planning and implementing social, cultural, and community service events for their peers. Find opportunities to bring KEFTY members at large into leadership roles. Help recruit new TKE teens to join KEFTY.
• Create and lead Judaic-themed, non-academic youth activities for our 3 younger youth groups that span grades PK-8.
• Engage parent volunteers and young adults who serve as volunteers for youth events.
• Assist clergy, staff and lay leaders to implement social, cultural, and informal educational programs for the congregation at large
• Attend and serve as staff for weekend retreats and regional events 4-5 times per year
• Work at URJ Camp Coleman during summer camp season according to the job description defined by Camp Coleman. The remainder of the year to be with TKE
• Participate in Congregational and Camp administrative, marketing, recruitment and engagement which will include but is not limited to the use of social media, camp fairs and camp-style Shabbats
Minimum skills and requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong organizational skills
• Minimum two years of experience working in youth engagement through teaching, Jewish youth work, camping or other relevant settings
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission and values of the Reform Movement
• Ability to communicate appropriately with youth, adults, parents, professional staff, and lay leaders
• Skilled at event planning and logistics
• Computer and social media savvy
• Confidence and compassion
Preferred skills and experience (not required, but if you have it, make sure you let us know!):
•Experience at creating inspiring experiential education opportunities for a variety of age groups in synagogue, camp, or youth group settings
• Sensitivity to individuals with special needs, and experience creating inclusive environments
• Financial management proficiency (basic budgeting)
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will be a charismatic, energetic individual with great organizational skills who can envision creative approaches to engage our youth of all ages and their parents. They will be flexible and able to work collaboratively with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
To apply, please ****************************er Letter
3) Name, relationship, and contact information for three references
**Any offer of employment will be conditional on the successful completion of a criminal background check and drug test