ABOUT THE JOB
Magen David Yeshivah High School is looking for a Judaic Studies Teacher to teach a variety of Judaic Studies classes to grades 9-12. We offer highly competitive salaries for experienced Teachers with Master’s degrees for the 2020-2021 school year.
The teacher must be willing to work on curriculum development and with online curricula and as such, may be asked to attend training sessions for our specific curriculum. The position calls for organizational skills, classroom management and a willingness to collaborate with department chairs and administrators. The teacher will be asked to participate in professional development programs, as well as department meetings and parent conferences.
- Strong knowledge of the content area.
- Ability to organize programs, personnel, and activities required for productive learning in the school.
- Ability to relate to a wide variety of people and to observe, listen, motivate, and provide leadership.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate program goals and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Minimum 3 years of high school classroom teaching experience required.
The mission of Magen David Yeshivah is to ensure and globally support the continuity of Sephardic communities through education. Its vision is to develop a new, globally recognized center of excellence that prepares students to excel academically, graduate college as well as professional graduate schools, and apply their unique talents in the world to create economically independent and personally fulfilling lives. Magen David Yeshivah is a Middle States Accredited high school with several college and international partners. It has an internationally recognized ‘Magen David Model’ highlighted by a senior year internship program.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch.
To learn more about Magen David Yeshivah, visit www.MagenDavidYeshivah.org/Careers