FULL-TIME RABBI- CONGREGATION BETH ISRAEL at the TRI CITY JEWISH CENTER
We are an Unaffiliated, “Egalitarian” and inclusive congregation of approximately 100 families, ranging from liberal to conservative in their Jewish practices and traditions. Located in the heart of the Midwest near the Mississippi River, our synagogue has a well-established group of friendly, thoughtful and caring members who are seeking to welcome a full-time, creative, dynamic and enthusiastic spiritual leader to our community. We are seeking an individual who possesses strong leadership and people skills along with high integrity, scholarly abilities, communication skills and sensitivity to the spiritual and personal needs of our congregants.
The Quad City metro area is comprised of three Illinois cities (Rock Island, Moline and East Moline) and two Iowa cities (Bettendorf and Davenport). Together we have a population of over 375,000 people, and are home to 27,000 businesses, two major medical centers, and 40 colleges and universities within a 90 mile radius. We enjoy living within an easy drive to major metropolitan areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Minneapolis and Des Moines. The Quad Cities offers countless recreational opportunities and cultural events, and features outstanding school systems for families to choose from.
Our Rabbi’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Reading and discussing Torah and Haftorah
2. Leading prayer during all services
3. Officiating at life-cycle events and performing regular pastoral care
4. Teaching Hebrew and preparing students for Bar and Bat Mitzvahs
5. Communicating effectively with congregants of all ages and levels of observance
6. Representing the congregation at community events
7. Showing conscientious leadership through strong organization, work and personal ethics
Our successful candidate may have a background as an experienced Rabbi or be an individual whom wishes to grow professionally and personally with our congregation. A letter of interest and a resume.
Salary Range- $80,000- $110,000
Send resume to: